Got a contact at AMR...now what?

RipCity

Forum Probie
So a family friend gave me the number for the operations manager at AMR in Clackamas, OR. He knows him because he is his step brother or something. He had talked to him at a family event or something along those lines. Anyways he gave me the guys number and said to give him a call. So my question is what should i say when i call? I have never had to do this before so any advice on how to handle this??

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
Hi, my name is RC, my family friend gave me your number and suggested I give you a call. I'd like a job, can you help me out here? I am an EMT and a good guy (who family friend can vouch for), and said I would be a good person to work for your company.

So again, if I fill out an application, can you help me get an interview or even a position?

OP
OP
R

RipCity

Forum Probie
Hi, my name is RC, my family friend gave me your number and suggested I give you a call. I'd like a job, can you help me out here? I am an EMT and a good guy (who family friend can vouch for), and said I would be a good person to work for your company.

So again, if I fill out an application, can you help me get an interview or even a position?

So I should just straight up ask if he can get me a job?

titmouse

aspiring needlefairy
Dude... Have you ever worked?? You already have one foot in and had the proper training for the job. Present yourself as an asset to the company and tell them that you are ready to put time in.