Good News

EmtTravis

Forum Captain
Well I found out today that the college that I wanted to attend for my paramedic is now setting up a degree instead of only offering the certificate. This college is closer to me and their program is from everything I've heard is better than the college I am currently attending. Also all of the credits that I currently have will transfer over. Bad part is I still won't be able to start the medic program til next fall. Guess that is also some good news because it gives me time to finish this cancer thing and also gives me more time to work as a basic. They are also in the process of getting their degree accredited which I know is a big thing for most people on here and also for me. I plan on taking some classes spring semester but will transfer to this other school. Right now I am in sociology, psychology, biology and english. what are some other classes that I could take that would help me in my career? I know anatomy and physiology are classes I will be taking with the medic program but I need some classes to take this coming spring. I was thinking of taking medical terminology but not sure what else to take.. Any help would be appreciated.

emt_irl

Forum Captain
i like it, although never took a class in it, just self learned some things.

its always good to fully know the in's and out's of the drugs your about to inject

Cawolf86

Forum Captain
-Medical Terminology would give you a great leg up.
-Pharmacology would definitely help you out - but most schools seem to cover pharm well.
-Even if your school teaches it some form of A and P would be of benefit - specially with a cadaver lab.
-If you are looking to fill other slots...Psych, Math, and Speech would be other valuable classes to have under your belt.

RUGBY66X

Forum Probie
i would still take the A&P classes because the knowledge you gain in the actual classes is far greater than what they teach in the medic class. plus you will have it if you ever want to further your education. other than that some chem would be good if your like me and like knowing exactly what is going in the body because thats what your job is. keep the good reactions continuing and prevent the bad ones or reverse them. my chem classes helped me a lot for medic class.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Communications, a higher bio class, math. Emphasis on the communications though.

OP
OP
E

EmtTravis

Forum Captain
Well I know I'll be taking bio 121 and 122 which are both a & p classes so those are covered. I've thought about taking a speech class but iim already in psych and soc and a english writing class this semester so those are covered..

MrBrown

Forum Deputy Chief
Bro, green and phytochemicals cure cancer but thats just not out yet.

Would Brown lie to you? :D

Oh its also great you are going for the degree program with a solid educational foundation and not some patch factory quicky job for the barely homeostasasing Parathinktheyare's

emt_irl

Forum Captain
is there a second language spoken in your area? maybe learn that? would be a great tool to communicate with everyone propperly.

Also as mentioned above math is good, i bloody hate it with a passion but we all need it on a near daily basis

OP
OP
E

EmtTravis

Forum Captain
Bro, green and phytochemicals cure cancer but thats just not out yet.

Would Brown lie to you? :D

Oh its also great you are going for the degree program with a solid educational foundation and not some patch factory quicky job for the barely homeostasasing Parathinktheyare's

haha yes I could go for the quicky fix and start working sooner but I enjoy learning plus I want a diploma to hang on my wall rather than just a certificate. I eventually want to go RN and be like Mr Brown and be in the clouds but that is still some years away so I don't talk about it.