'Good' Medic schools?

fma08

Forum Asst. Chief
and plus if you have the right college credits already you can obtain your 2 year degree

tydek07

Forum Captain
Fargo, ND as a really really good program. It is an Accredited Program and works through a college, so you can easily get your AAS. They have their own education team downstairs at the main post. You can opt to take an 11month program, or an 18month program. They are VERY good at having clinicals. You start riding along and clinicals the 3rd week of class. I have had SO much experience at this program. They send us around most every department in the hospitals here in Fargo. AND WE GET TO DO STUFF AT THOSE DEPARTMENTS. Anyway, If you would like more information on this program, just give me a private message and we will go from there.

babygirl2882

Forum Captain
I know the program I want to get into at Chemeketa Community College (in Salem, Oregon) is said to be a really good 3 year firefighter/paramedic program.

OP
OP
mikie

mikie

Forum Lurker
I've heard from someone (a doctor I believe) that Seattle has a good medic program, Medic 1?

Thanks!

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
I've heard from someone (a doctor I believe) that Seattle has a good medic program, Medic 1?

Thanks!

The local rumor mill has it that there's been some issues with Medic One recently, although I don't know the details (nor would I want to find out :ph34r:)

EMTryan

Forum Crew Member
Seattle has a great program but it is very difficult to get accepted! I don't say this to be discouraging, just wanted to let you know more about the challenge of getting into the program.

All Paramedics in Seattle--King County MUST pass the Paramedic training program run through the University of Washington and Harborview Medical Center (the local level 1 trauma center). Even if you have worked as a paramedic for 20+ years and have every certification know to man you still need to attend the Paramedic training program. In a way this is good because it sets a standard expectation among all Paramedics in the county. To be able to attend the program you must first be sponsored by a local fire department in Seattle-- King County.

The flip side is that it is a GREAT program, one of the best in the country.

Here is more info on the program.
http://www.seattle.gov/fire/medics/medicOne.htm
http://www.metrokc.gov/health/medicone/als.htm

triemal04

Forum Deputy Chief
I know the program I want to get into at Chemeketa Community College (in Salem, Oregon) is said to be a really good 3 year firefighter/paramedic program.
Just a word to the wise...be very careful before you decide that is where you want to learn to be a paramedic. Aside from the utter crock of **** that is thier "fire science" program, under the current program directors, the paramedic side is not exactly top notch. Very much not top notch.

Check into ALL your options in Oregon before commiting to camp chewie.

OP
OP
mikie

mikie

Forum Lurker
Seattle has a great program but it is very difficult to get accepted! I don't say this to be discouraging, just wanted to let you know more about the challenge of getting into the program.

I can't seem to find info on their website on how to get accepted into the program or any applications?

Did I miss it or should I contact them?

Thanks!

ErinCooley

Forum Lieutenant
All I can say is THANK GOODNESS FOR GA's HOPE GRANT. I didnt pay a dime in tuition or books thanks the the wonderful residents of our stat who play the lottery!!! I will pay some for my associates in Paramedic Technology but it should be less than $1000.00 for the whole program.