Good Idea

NJN

The Young One
Make the search feature some bright color so it makes all of our lives easier.
Like the Chat is yellow, Rules are Green, make search BRIGHT. Just a thought

SES4

Forum Lieutenant
Yes!

Make the search feature some bright color so it makes all of our lives easier.
Like the Chat is yellow, Rules are Green, make search BRIGHT. Just a thought

Good idea! :)

EMTCop86

Forum Captain
As good of a idea as it may be, I really doubt it would make a difference.

KEVD18

Forum Deputy Chief
As good of a idea as it may be, I really doubt it would make a difference.

hence why i gave up. i gave it my all. i had graphics, screenshots with arrows, i had pithy sayings. i did everything i could to try to instill the mere curteosy of searching before posting into this group. i got warned, spoken to, chided and infractionized over it. but in the end i lost. i gave it up.

just in the last day, we've had a new member ask a handful of moldy oldies. two months ago, i would have been licking my chops and thinking fresh meat. but ive given up.

one of the thinbgs i pushed for was a simple addendum to the community rules. i even wrote it myself. proof it and paste it in. an almost effortless first step. but you'll see that its conspiculously absent. i can only deduce from all thats happened is that the powers that be actually want it the way it is. well then so be it. until i decide to start my own board, i serve at the mercy of the bosses here.

i reccomed you all give it up to. its an argument that falls on deaf ears and blind eyes.

traumateam1

Forum Asst. Chief
hence why i gave up. i gave it my all. i had graphics, screenshots with arrows, i had pithy sayings. i did everything i could to try to instill the mere curteosy of searching before posting into this group. i got warned, spoken to, chided and infractionized over it. but in the end i lost. i gave it up.

just in the last day, we've had a new member ask a handful of moldy oldies. two months ago, i would have been licking my chops and thinking fresh meat. but ive given up.

one of the thinbgs i pushed for was a simple addendum to the community rules. i even wrote it myself. proof it and paste it in. an almost effortless first step. but you'll see that its conspiculously absent. i can only deduce from all thats happened is that the powers that be actually want it the way it is. well then so be it. until i decide to start my own board, i serve at the mercy of the bosses here.

i reccomed you all give it up to. its an argument that falls on deaf ears and blind eyes.

You know that I'm not big on the "use the search" but I too PM'd the CL's and suggested it was to be included in the community rules, not as a rule.. more of a suggestion. I don't know if they are working on something behind the scenes or something, but I did also try.

Now that being said, I think the Search feature being a different colour wouldn't be that bad of an idea.

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
You surely understand that telling a user to search fifteen times doesn't contribute to this community, right? If I stood in front of my class all day and told my students to "look up" every question they had, I'd be a lousy teacher. If we tell every user to "search" for their answer, we will be a lousy forum with no content or discussion.

If you have nothing to add to a thread, then don't reply. If you want to suggest that a user search, then how about suggesting they search while also responding to the original post in a productive manner?

A few of our more active community members have spent far too much time scolding other members and far too little time contributing to the community with engaging discussion.

SES4

Forum Lieutenant
As a Newbie...

You surely understand that telling a user to search fifteen times doesn't contribute to this community, right? If I stood in front of my class all day and told my students to "look up" every question they had, I'd be a lousy teacher. If we tell every user to "search" for their answer, we will be a lousy forum with no content or discussion.

If you have nothing to add to a thread, then don't reply. If you want to suggest that a user search, then how about suggesting they search while also responding to the original post in a productive manner?

A few of our more active community members have spent far too much time scolding other members and far too little time contributing to the community with engaging discussion.

As a newbie, not to incite any riots here BUT that said it is nice to hear the answers to your questions from someone as opposed to reading it on an old thread because it allows us to get to know one another. :) And that is why I am on here! Answers, EMS talk, and to get to know other people.