Good EMT-B study material?

ITguy27

Forum Probie
Hey everyone I finished up the EMT-B course at a local community college last September, took and passed the practical portion, but I still haven't taken the written yet.

I have finally decided it's about time I take it and get my foot in the door of EMS, the problem is I'm obviously not ready to take it after several months of nothing doing anything with it.

I recently ordered two books to help me study and I'm just wondering what everyone's opinion on them are and if I should get anything else. We used Emergency Care and Transportation of the Sick and-Injured Reprint - 10th edition in class. And my original plan was to just go through it as a review, but it's pretty overwhelming and I've already gone through it while in class. I feel I need something in a more concentrated format.

The two books I got are:

http://product.half.ebay.com/EMT-Fl...frey-Lindsey-2013-Paperback/164728467&tg=info

http://product.half.ebay.com/_W0QQprZ109367468

Thoughts and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

I am on the Southcoast of Massachusetts if that helps with anything.

DEurich

Forum Probie
awesome

Congrats on passing the practical.

Don't be freaked out by the written. Remember you do have to study. I'm currently in school as well and I take my practical in a couple weeks and I'm freaking out.

Definitely memorize the flashcards, that will help I'm pretty sure. But then don't just memorize them to memorize them. Know what they are and mean.
One of my instructors told me something I wont forget today, he said, "You're treating a patient, not a piece of paper".

Here is what I do.

I read the chapter, go back through the chapter and highlight what I thought was important, then type up the highlighted portions in Microsoft Word. So that way by the time I'm done typing up the highlights, I pretty much know it.

Study Study Study.

Rin

Forum Captain
I think the key to passing the NREMT is to be solid on your patient assessment order of operations. Many questions on the test will ask what you should do for the patient in the scenario, with at least two answers being correct. The key is to know which you should do FIRST.