Going to paramedics school, is it okay to let my NREMT expire?

djarmpit

Forum Lieutenant
I've been recently recertified within the state of CA, which is the only thing that my paramedic program requires me to keep current through the program.

Should I need to renew my NREMT license if I will be going to paramedic school and will be taking the National Registry Paramedic later this year? My goal if possible is to avoid renewing the NREMT since I will be taking a newer and higher level one later this year.

Rin

Forum Captain
I think you need to be NREMT EMT certified to sit for the NREMT Paramedic test.

OP
OP
D

djarmpit

Forum Lieutenant
I just looked it up.

-Possess current National Certification at the EMT level or a current state license at the EMT level or higher.

Medic Tim

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
Individuals applying for Paramedic (NRP) certification must meet the following requirements:

•18 years of age or older.

•Possess current National Certification at the EMT level or a current state license at the EMT level or higher.

•Beginning January 1, 2013 Paramedic applicants must have successfully completed state-approved and CAAHEP-accredited (or one that has a Letter of Review) Paramedic (NRP) program. Paramedic applicants who began their education program before January 1, 2013 must have completed a state-approved Paramedic course that meets or exceeds the National EMS Education Standards for Paramedic. You must have completed the course within the past two years. Your Program Director must verify your successful completion of the course on the NREMT website.

from www.nremt.org

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
So no, you don't need to recert your NREMT-B

mpc83

Forum Probie
It's $15 y risk it ? What if your schedule doesn't go as planned ? I'd rather have it than not