Future EMT

Tisha

Forum Ride Along
I wanted know how is the EMT field am just wondering...i know nun bout it but I always wanted be one in school at age 16 they ask what everyone wanted be and I stood out and said I want be EMT everyone pause and looked at me like wow never thought bout that one before...but if anyone have any info or anything get me prepare that would be awesome! Am from MISSISSIPPI

Last edited:

Underoath87

Forum Asst. Chief
You asked what you can do to prepare for a career in EMS. My answer was to pay attention in English class so that you can write quality patient care reports. We do a lot more documentation than fun stuff.

OP
OP
T

Tisha

Forum Ride Along
You asked what you can do to prepare for a career in EMS. My answer was to pay attention in English class so that you can write quality patient care reports. We do a lot more documentation than oh ok did not know that

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
I wanted know how is the EMT field am just wondering...i know nun bout it but I always wanted be one in school at age 16 they ask what everyone wanted be and I stood out and said I want be EMT everyone pause and looked at me like wow never thought bout that one before...but if anyone have any info or anything get me prepare that would be awesome! Am from MISSISSIPPI

I am curious about working as an EMT. I don't know anything about the field, but I've always been interested. In fact, when I was 16, I said EMT when they asked us about career choices in school. When I mentioned, "EMT" everyone paused and looked as if to say, "hmm, I've never considered that one." Anyway, if anyone has some ideas on how I should start, that would be great. By the way, I am located in Mississippi.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
I am by no means a grammar nazi but the sentence structure is all sorts of craziness. This would drive my sister up the wall. The bulk of the job is paperwork so you can cover your own arse. It makes you look better as a provider if you use correct grammar and sentence structure. Take it with a grain of salt.

redundantbassist

Nefarious Dude
I am curious about working as an EMT. I don't know anything about the field, but I've always been interested. In fact, when I was 16, I said EMT when they asked us about career choices in school. When I mentioned, "EMT" everyone paused and looked as if to say, "hmm, I've never considered that one." Anyway, if anyone has some ideas on how I should start, that would be great. By the way, I am located in Mississippi.
Woah, too many big boy words.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?

redundantbassist

Nefarious Dude
I'd much rather have pictures to be honest...
The new Brady Emergency Care: 14th edition.
shopping

Bluemtnsky

Forum Probie
I wanted know how is the EMT field am just wondering...i know nun bout it but I always wanted be one in school at age 16 they ask what everyone wanted be and I stood out and said I want be EMT everyone pause and looked at me like wow never thought bout that one before...but if anyone have any info or anything get me prepare that would be awesome! Am from MISSISSIPP8 I
You could
- get a jump start on Human Biology, lots of youtube/wiki/Khan Academy stuff on how
the body works
- work on written communication/technical writing (each patient gets a report and documentation is very important)
- a little bit of exercise/lifting/body mechanics never hurts

Last edited: