• Before posting in this section, please take a moment and review our EMS Job Posting Guidelines.

Full-Time Paramedic: Ute Pass Regional Health Service District, Woodland Park, CO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Join Our Growing Team!

Ute Pass Regional Health Service District (UPRHSD) in Woodland Park, CO has several full-time Paramedic positions open. Thanks to the overwhelming support of district residents, a sales tax was recently approved allowing these positions to increase daily staffing to meet growing call volumes.

As a UPRHSD paramedic you will enjoy progressive clinical guidelines with the autonomy and prolonged transport times to use them. Our physician advisor seeks to set the bar for Colorado EMS with UPRHSD and his frequent involvement speaks to that. Our Community Paramedic program provides 24/7 behavioral crisis response and continues to expand. The district is also poised to become a Critical Care Transport Provider.

UPRHSD is a career organization that is the sole provider of paramedic 911, inter-facility, and community health services to over 539-square miles of the Pikes Peak Region and UPRHSD paramedics maintain final medical authority on all scenes. Often attending calls as the only paramedic, providers will find themselves in clinically challenging situations within suburban, rural, and backcountry environments as well as supporting a Level IV Critical Access Hospital. These challenges notwithstanding, UPRHSD has the training programs and experienced core staff to develop paramedics just starting their careers into highly capable providers.

UPRHSD responds to 3000+ calls for service a year with three, 24/7/365 ALS ambulances running out of stations in Woodland Park and Florissant. The district prides itself in having cutting edge equipment and ambulances along with comfortable living quarters for crews.

Minimum qualifications for a successful candidate include:
§ Certified Colorado Paramedic

§ Valid Colorado Driver’s License with a clean driving record

§ ACLS and Healthcare Provider CPR Certifications

Desirable attributes include:
§ A true passion for paramedicine and the development of EMS

§ Desire to work in a rural environment with long patient contact times

§ Willing to provide medical care in the backcountry when required

§ Interest in Community and Critical Care prehospital medicine

UPRHSD provides a competitive compensation package with a starting salary of $50,000 per year, dependent on prior experience. The district also provides fully paid medical/dental/vision with family coverage for no additional cost. Extensive continuing education and conference opportunities, a $500 uniform allowance (boots and belts included), multiple retirement options with 6-12% district match, and generous paid time off round out the excellent benefits.

Applications will be accepted through January 11th, 2019 at 1700. Apply online at uprhsd.org (ensure your driver’s license is uploaded in PDF format). Please contact Captain Dave Hansher at dhansher@uprad.org with questions. We look forward to reviewing your application!

Last edited:

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
Would love to... But my wife would kill me. What is the schedule like?

OP
OP
Tigger

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
I guess what you call a modified Kelly? 24 hour shifts XOXOXOOOO starts over (X=shift).

PotatoMedic

Modified Detroit is what I know it as. Hated that schedule with a passion.

OP
OP
Tigger

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Modified Detroit is what I know it as. Hated that schedule with a passion.
I am no fan of it either. It sounds like 48/96s might be possible with the increase in staffing.
That call volume is amazing.
It is. The average call time is right around 2.5 hours so it still feels pretty steady.

PotatoMedic

I am no fan of it either. It sounds like 48/96s might be possible with the increase in staffing.

It is. The average call time is right around 2.5 hours so it still feels pretty steady.
It is already a three platoon schedule... You don't need more staffing for it, unless there is something I'm missing.

OP
OP
Tigger

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
It is already a three platoon schedule... You don't need more staffing for it, unless there is something I'm missing.
Previously we relied on part time folks to finish staffing the third out ambulance. If that shift wasn't filled, we would run with three people at one station and rotate between the ambulance and the fly car (which was another ambulance, but alas). In that situation, it would be common for someone to get stuck up all night so 48s were deemed unworkable. Soon there will be three ambulances staffed with full-time folks in addition to a part time shift so there should be more acceptable fatigue levels.

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
24/72...your call volume would not be a burden obviously. Staff historically loved this schedule. Easy to fill holes when call outs occur. Reduces overtime, reduces sick time call outs and if staff utilize one vacation day they essentially get an entire week off.

It is a great recruitment tool as well. This schedule has been utilized by the some of the top departments in Florida and it is heavily sought by candidates. Allows you to have a life and adequate recovery/down time.

Cons: If not on a biweekly payroll system it can complicate the paycheck (weekly pay for example). If this is a salaried position, then no issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.