freaking out

bill williams

Forum Crew Member
So my paramedic school clinical hour deadline is tomorrow. I am 2 ALS runs short of the requirement. I am afraid that I will be kicked out of the program with 2 weeks left. I have exceeded the hour requirement in all of the clinical sites. I have never dropped below the required grade (80%). Should I be freaking out? I just couldn't seem to luck out on getting calls.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
I highly doubt they would kick you out if you have been actually showing up to ride-outs but have just been a white cloud.

OP
OP
B

bill williams

Forum Crew Member
You have a point. I just hate the thought of making it this far and then losing it all over a couple runs. This is my only shot at medic school. I could barely afford it, and if it comes crashing down now, I highly doubt I will be able to come back any time soon.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Take a deep breath, throw back some bourbon and relax. It may be beneficial, and even serve to ease your mind, for you to bring your concerns up with your instructor or program coordinator. It would show that you have a concern, and they'll likely be able to provide some insight that would hopefully calm any anxieties you have.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Awesome. Good luck.

URI

Forum Crew Member
Did you meet the requirement or do we need to make a few phony calls to your local dispatcher? :)

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
WOO HOO!!! I'm freaking out about starting clinicals... One week and I am a wreak! I feel like I have no idea what to do...

OP
OP
B

bill williams

Forum Crew Member
Youll be fine! I was like that when we started doing them. After a while youll be comfortable doing the skills. Remember, after you have hit your mark on IV's, IVP, IM, ect. dont stop doing them just because you met the required amount.
Good luck!

mp5dude

Forum Probie
Im having that issue with hospital clinicals… just the drive to be there… I know what i don't want to do in the future - and that's being a nurse...