Freaking out!!!! Aaahhhhhhhhh!!!!!

boombox

Forum Probie
so hi, IM FREAKING OUT HERE!!!

Today is my final. in our class you have to hold a minimum 80% on the 9 section tests and homeworks - then you are allowed to take the final that you must get a minimum 80% on individually.

I finished the coarse work at an 86% and dont feel bad about my knowledge nor abilities. Im just freaking out that im going to make some stupid mistake and be left dead in the water.

I even already passed all my NREMT-B skills assesment testing on the first shot through. only 3 people in the 25 left of the classes pulled that off. the rest had to retest.

I really dont even now why but im still freaking out. I even got up 4 hours early just to have a cram session.

crazycajun

Forum Captain
so hi, IM FREAKING OUT HERE!!!

Today is my final. in our class you have to hold a minimum 80% on the 9 section tests and homeworks - then you are allowed to take the final that you must get a minimum 80% on individually.

I finished the coarse work at an 86% and dont feel bad about my knowledge nor abilities. Im just freaking out that im going to make some stupid mistake and be left dead in the water.

I even already passed all my NREMT-B skills assesment testing on the first shot through. only 3 people in the 25 left of the classes pulled that off. the rest had to retest.

I really dont even now why but im still freaking out. I even got up 4 hours early just to have a cram session.

Things must be different in Ohio. We are not allowed to do any NREMT testing including skills assessment until the course is complete. In our training courses, you must pass classroom, homework, practical exams and final exams before you can even think of testing for NREMT skills assessment. The minimum passing score for classroom is 85%, for final exam is 90% and practical exam is 90%. Once all of that is completed you can then go and take the NREMT skills assessment test. If you pass then it is onto Pearson VUE for the NREMT written (CBT).

OP
OP
B

boombox

Forum Probie
well, test over. not feeling to bad about it. waiting for results.

Yeah, in ohio we are different. We can even still ET tube as a basic. But they let us do the Skills before the final.

wait, heres the tests

I PASSED!!!! YEAH!!!!!

THANKS EVERYBODY!

firetender

Community Leader Emeritus
I PASSED!!!! YEAH!!!!!

THANKS EVERYBODY!

From Yesterday at 11:43 PM (HI time) when you first posted until this last post, where were you at?

Even if your last response was "I failed!" I wonder how many moments of your life you spent freaking out, worrying about the result?

In the back of an ambulance, moments like that are worse than wasted, they interfere with your ability to deal with the moment in front of you, and that is the only one that matters.

OP
OP
B

boombox

Forum Probie
In Ohio time, that was 5:45 am to 10:22 am. And thanks for being "that guy" to bring everyone down. I felt unprepared and was venting. Thanks for your support. I really didnt need to worry at all. But i did work hard to get there, just as all of us have. You may not remember what it was like to start out, but its nice to know you have so much compassion.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Yeah, in ohio we are different. We can even still ET tube as a basic. But they let us do the Skills before the final.

Out of curiosity, is there anywhere in Ohio where this actually happens?

OP
OP
B

boombox

Forum Probie
well, not so much. The pt has to be without pulse or repirations - and advised by med control. There have been a few i have heard about, but most were just situations were they took advantage of a situation for training. One guy I know did his first ET tube in while being a emt-b student doing ride alongs. but all in all it is still rare.

Symbolic

Forum Crew Member
well, not so much. The pt has to be without pulse or repirations - and advised by med control. There have been a few i have heard about, but most were just situations were they took advantage of a situation for training. One guy I know did his first ET tube in while being a emt-b student doing ride alongs. but all in all it is still rare.

Congrats on your success!

That's pretty sweet that you guys can tube. I take it you had to do a few tubes in your clinical rotations? How many hours of clinical/ride along time did your program require out of curiosity?

OP
OP
B

boombox

Forum Probie
25 hours total clinical required.

10 ER
10 city fire/ems
5 private ambulance company

and i had to tube a dummy in my skills assesments for registry.