Forum Names

CENTXEMT

Forum Ride Along
I am an EMT that lives in central Texas, hence CEN = Central TX = Texas EMT

OnceAnEagle

Forum Ride Along
A little off-topic, but...

http://www.amazon.com/Once-Eagle-Anton-Myrer/dp/0061030864

My name is from the title of a book that, honestly, changed my life during the small time frame a book can do that you a young man. This is one of three novels that I use as framing references to how I conduct myself, my life, and the world around me. I'm not saying I'm going to be Sam Damon, the main character of the book, but rather that the (fictional, yes, but still-) experiences and viewpoints have qualities that have echoed in my own life, virtues that have risen in the same. Most make it out to be a military novel, but it shouldn't be- it's a novel of coming into your own as a good man, and trying to be remember as such.

And for actual title? :'Once an eagle examined the shaft of an arrow,and after a while he looked up and said,"Indeed it's by our own feathers that we are smitten."', an from an old Lybian tale.

Sorry for the diversion there...

Last edited by a moderator:

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
For the new folks - feel free to speak up if you feel like it.

karaya

EMS Paparazzi
Premium Member
karaya - I'll see if someone here can figure it out.

CFRBryan347768

Forum Captain

karaya

EMS Paparazzi
Premium Member
Gum?? You're way cold!

NJN

The Young One
It has something to do with your real name.

jazminestar

Forum Crew Member
let's see,

jazmine--my 'radio' name (radio was my previous career)
star--my real name (i know, it isn't the other way around? NO)
emt-b--i'm a emt-b

and my quote i used on my massage therapy resume (im also a licensed massage therapist) we help 'heal' people to be healthy right?? makes sense to me!! B)

CFRBryan347768

Forum Captain

NJN

The Young One
Type of camera/lense/hospital/town/state/city you were born in LOL?^_^

You have to figure his name is Ray Kemp, Karaya would be using his first name and first letter of his last name, and making every other letter in his username be an "a"

mikeylikesit

Candy Striper
Mike is my name and i like it.

Kate-Lynn

Forum Probie
"Katelynn" is my name, the hyphen is just... there. Doesn't mean Kate is my first name and Lynn is my middle name (I get asked that a lot). It's all one word, just like Caitlin. And since I have no creativity what-so-ever I just used it as my username!

Epi-do

I see dead people
We have two australian shepherds. One of them we named Epi, but it has sort of morphed into Epi-Do, sort of like Scooby Doo. (When she has gotten into trouble we call her Epi-Don't, so that is why it is 'Do' instead of 'Doo')

Just didn't feel up to coming up with something more original, so I stole the dog's name.

As for my siggy - well, it just seems like good advice to follow.

BossyCow

Forum Deputy Chief
We have two australian shepherds. One of them we named Epi, but it has sort of morphed into Epi-Do, sort of like Scooby Doo. (When she has gotten into trouble we call her Epi-Don't, so that is why it is 'Do' instead of 'Doo')

Just didn't feel up to coming up with something more original, so I stole the dog's name.

As for my siggy - well, it just seems like good advice to follow.

So, you named yourself after a female dog? You seem so un- 'female dog' like!

Epi-do

I see dead people
LOL, Bossy! I guess, yes, I did name myself after a female dog. And, as a side note, like any other female, when properly provoked, I can act as such. It is just something that rarely happens, that's all.

emtlady76877

Forum Crew Member
User name

I just used the same one i use everywhere else i came up with it because I'm an EMT and a woman therfore i got the emtlady the 76877 is my zip code. However,since I am in paramedic school my name will not fit me when i become a paramedic.

NJN

The Young One
However,since I am in paramedic school my name will not fit me when i become a paramedic.

You will still be an EMT, just an EMT-P :p, i remind my medics that every chance i get.

TheMowingMonk

Forum Lieutenant
I think my sign on choice is pretty straight forward: I'm a chick, I'm a medic, and then the year I was born.

As for my signature... I evidently look like I'm 16. :p

Plus during my internship both my precepter and my partner were literally old enough to be my father, so I guess the saying kinda stuck.^_^

I feel your pain on looking young and getting funny looks when you come on scene, btw 87 is a good year to be born if i do say so myself.

as for my username it a joke from back when i Used to do crew, we would row by this buddist orphanage, and every once in a while the monks would be out with their shaved heads and orange robes trying to start a lawn mower....and not being able to pull it hard enough. My team found it quite amusing, and hence themowingmonk.

Last edited by a moderator:

cookiexd40

Forum Crew Member
Cookie is a nickname spawned from my last name

XD is my fav. firearm in my small war sized family of firearms

same with 40...my XD is a 40 cal.

and i think my sig is prolly pretty obvious