For those who work for AMR...

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Hehe, yeah, they are. But our division is unionized, so we don't have to pay for anything...except dues...
We are issued ours as well... but I looked into getting more pants, because they are the best fitting, most comfortable EMS pants I've seen (except for BDU's).... almost $70 a pair... So I just wear my issued uniform pants at the vollie squad sometimes ;)

As for union - what union are you guys with?
How expensive are dues?
There is rumors of a union vote coming up locally.

Last edited by a moderator:

fyrdog

Forum Lieutenant
Didn't someone in the midwest get caught selling his AMR BDU pants on Ebay?

OP
OP
jedirye

jedirye

Forum Lieutenant
Holy heck

I took my PAT today and let me tell you, "tough" cannot even begin to describe it. The first part was three minutes of stepping on and off a cube to a certain "beat" which got a little draning towards the end, I must admit. Then lifting the weights to and fro things. Lifting from the floor was difficult because you had to get down so low. The second to last part was lifting the 140lbs from this 1ft or 2ft cube on the ground to this mark on the wall (which was about to my abdomen/chest). That took a few attempts and I actually questioned if I was going to make it, because after that I still wasn't even done. Regardless, my arms lifted as much as they could and somehow I managed to pass it. Last was lifting freaking 120lbs from the floor to my abdoment and then up and down three steps three times. I was like soaked when I got out of there but was so happy I passed. Now when I go into orientation I need to check out some of the girls that passed that because you seriously need muscle for it. I'm not even exaggerating....

Oh well, weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ^_^

-rye

Tincanfireman

Airfield Operations
But you passed, and that's what counts! Congratulations, and let us know when you're ready to go shopping for a navy blue shirt and a nice pair of khaki's :p . Believe me, there will be days when you will dream of Wal-Mart, but it will pass. Good luck in your new job and let us know what it's like.

prizonmedik

Forum Probie
I don't understand this one. Lifting is what the stretcher fetchers (FF's) are for.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader