For the Women Paramedics...unless guys wear sports bra's

medic_chick87

Forum Crew Member
Kinda sorta related...

Just took my recert for ACLS and while doing CPR noticed just how much boobs get in the way...

Being as I was always the small busted one in my family I thought this was a funny revelation. Texted my mom about this new found fact and she just about died.

Guess the adrenaline while on the job kept me from noticing before.

Ah the joys of being a female!:p

NJN

The Young One
At times (like... all the time) I'm happy I'm a male. No need to have things flopping all around my face.

----

"That's what she said"

Yeah, but we have to deal with things flopping elsewhere.

OP
OP
WannaBeFlight

WannaBeFlight

Forum Lieutenant
WOW!!! The number of views on my page has really jumped up there after I started this, guess the semi boob shot doesnt hurt, haha! Thanks ladies for all of the great advise, I really appreciate. And guys, thanks for the humor.:)

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
I'm a 38DD and I just wear a normal bra. Mine are the "full figure" type though so they have full cups, not the 3/4s or demi cups or whatever the heck they are called.

For crying out loud! Don't take this wrong or anything, but untill I read that post I thought you were a guy! Well wonders never cease!

-----------

I'm guessing that this is the fastest growing thread in a long time!^_^

Last edited by a moderator:

Sasha

Forum Chief

Aidey

Community Leader Emeritus
For crying out loud! Don't take this wrong or anything, but untill I read that post I thought you were a guy! Well wonders never cease!

*facepalm* It's ok, there have been several people on here who's gender I've guessed wrong.

Just because someone has a bra size does not mean they are female..... :unsure:

I'm female, I promise. ^_^

Ya know, I was going to mention that, but..........................I give up.<_<

Not amused :glare:

Kookaburra

Forum Lieutenant
Oh, another resource:

http://www.enell.com/index.php

The Enell bra is something a marathon- runner friend of mine swears by. I want to get a custom made one when I have some more money in the bank. Many retailers of the Enell bra offer fitting services, they measure you so that the people at Enell can make you a bra that fits perfectly.

Aidey

Community Leader Emeritus
That style is really similar to what I was talking about. Lots of support, but it also separates. There is a place that sells them near me, maybe i'll go check them out my next day off.

Sapphyre

Forum Asst. Chief
I'm a 32DDD, and, on shift I wear a lightly padded, full figure standard underwire bra, properly fitted by a bra shop (Not vicky's or fred's, neither one of them believe I exist).

I did try "bra sized" sports bras and found them uncomfortable, and, so bulletproof I would not be able to comfortably do compressions, or carry downs.

Sorry boys, no pictures.... :p

EmsPrincess*

Forum Crew Member
This whole post is hysterical! As if EMS is the only occupation or sport for that matter that would require a sports bra. I just don't get it. I'm a runner and somehow I managed to find a good fitting sports bra without having to consult the masses. LMAO. Maybe it's called class?

Sapphyre

Forum Asst. Chief
This whole post is hysterical! As if EMS is the only occupation or sport for that matter that would require a sports bra. I just don't get it. I'm a runner and somehow I managed to find a good fitting sports bra without having to consult the masses. LMAO. Maybe it's called class?

Um, WOW!!!! Here's the deal princess, the bra I'd wear to run, sprints, or even a 4 (in my case 6) hour marathon, is NOT the bra I'd wear at work. And, as for finding the right bra without help?? Well, I don't know about your household, but, I was NOT taught about choosing a bra per occasion/garment/etc, or how to make sure it actually fits when I was growing up. In fact, I didn't really learn until Oprah (and others) started doing the whole "YOUR BRA DOESN'T FIT" thing several years ago. A big part of it is likely our Puritanical history, and the idea that such things are so personal, mothers can't even talk to their daughters about it.

And, you really do have to admit, like fire/pd and just about any other highly physical field, the right bra DOES matter. I can understand consulting the masses.

Kookaburra

Forum Lieutenant
People ask for recommendations on equipment all the time on this board - a bra is just another piece of equipment. :rolleyes: If some people get a puerile thrill from the conversation, well, that's their problem.

And it's just that sort of hush-hush attitude that kept me from finding the right bra for many years- I thought /every/ woman had to deal with shoulder and back aches.

Though, as long as we're on the subject... anyone have any recommendations for underpants? :D

EmsPrincess*

Forum Crew Member
Um, WOW!!!! Here's the deal princess, the bra I'd wear to run, sprints, or even a 4 (in my case 6) hour marathon, is NOT the bra I'd wear at work. And, as for finding the right bra without help?? Well, I don't know about your household, but, I was NOT taught about choosing a bra per occasion/garment/etc, or how to make sure it actually fits when I was growing up. In fact, I didn't really learn until Oprah (and others) started doing the whole "YOUR BRA DOESN'T FIT" thing several years ago. A big part of it is likely our Puritanical history, and the idea that such things are so personal, mothers can't even talk to their daughters about it.

And, you really do have to admit, like fire/pd and just about any other highly physical field, the right bra DOES matter. I can understand consulting the masses.

I was directing my reply to the OP. Perhaps a fitter at a ladies' botique where you actually BUY the bra would have been a better avenue. Divulging your bra size to a bunch of strangers just puzzles me.