Five Year Old Fights for Life

traumagirl125

Forum Ride Along
There are a few minor errors in the article but you get the picture. But I must say this is one of the most heart wrenching codes I have ever been involved in.

Here's the link to about the only article I can find so far:
http://www.wric.com/Global/story.asp?S=5789911

jeepmedic

Forum Captain
That SUCKS I hate working Codes on any child.

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
That's a tough one. I've only worked one ped code, and I'll never forget it.

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
I think we feel that the little ones should never have through so much pain. :sad:

OP
OP
traumagirl125

traumagirl125

Forum Ride Along
quick update the child died last night at UVA and the parents decided to donate all his organs

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
quick update the child died last night at UVA and the parents decided to donate all his organs
How are you doing?

It's a blessing that the organs were donated, and I'm sure there are a couple happy families right now. It's amazing how such a devastating situation can have a silver lining.

FFEMT1764

Devil's Advocate
Very tragic, but hopefully the donated organs will save many others. That's the only good that can come from this terrible tragedy.

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
trauma girl my thoughts are with you....

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
Sorry to hear of that type of call, I can empathize with you. I worked an infant abuse last week, and now have to go to the D.A give a deposition tomorrow.

Hang in there, I wish I could say these things get easier.. but they don't. Hope you are doing okay..

R/r 911

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
that sucks.

pediatric codes are the worst.

Tincanfireman

Airfield Operations
What can a person say? I hope you are doing alright and I'll say a prayer for all concerned; I'm so sorry for everyone...