First Timer!

emtsteve87

Forum Probie
Hey, I've floated around here a little bit, but never formally introduced myself!

I am Steve, from Cuba, NY; on Town of Cuba and Town of Ischua Volunteer squads. I'm a Basic and was just accepted into the Paramedic Program at Corning Community College.

poppawilly

Forum Probie
I've floated around here a little bit, but never formally introduced myself!
same here. my name is jimmy and i am from southern oklahoma. i am a paid part-time firefighter/medic in training. my dept has fire and ems combined. can't be one without the other. came on part-time from a volunteer fire position of 4 years.
i took my emt-b class last year and finished in december. since then, i have taken national registry three times and still haven't hit. got refresher out of the way and planning on going back for another round with nremt test.
my future plans is to get my basics liscense and might eventually go on to get intermediate. just got to get past the basic test first.
as for fire, i need firefighter one but due to several motorcycle accidents, i can't pass the state physical due to permanent hardware in both legs from a motorcycle accident. so getting on my dept as a full-time fire fighter is impossible, i got to hire on full-time as a medic and remain a volunteer firefighter. passing my emt-b will slide me into a full-time spot on my dept and give me a raise with benefits. and pretty much secure my job. if i don't pass emt-b, i guess i am off to the employment office.

wish me luck guys and btw, nice website.

Last edited by a moderator:

GonnaBeEMT

Forum Crew Member
Hey guys I am a new poster here too. I joined the site a while back when I was taking the basic course, since then I have taken the NREMT test and passed it, and I am starting the medic course this fall.

Good luck to both of you. Anyone know how to change my name on here?

poppawilly

Forum Probie
i think i got an idea on how to do it gonnabe.

go the home page and look in the upper right hand corner for something like this........Welcome, poppawilly.
You last visited: 05-15-2008 at 02:58 PM
Private Messages: Unread 0, Total 1.

click on private messages. when it opens, on the left side of screen you find "profile". and take it from there.

mikeylikesit

Candy Striper
welcome all

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
Welcome to the tribe!!!!

So nice to have you all here!!!!! WELCOME!!:):):)

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Welcome EVERYONE... thanks for checking in.

Just a note... Name Changes are only able to be done by the Community Leader team, and only under special circumstances.

BossyCow

Forum Deputy Chief
Welcome Welcome

NJN

The Young One
Anyone know how to change my name on here?

Your going to have to ask the Community Leader's to change your name. They don't want to have to do it unless theres some extremely important reason.

And Welcome to the forum to all of you newcomers.

LIFESAVER4U

Forum Probie
I am new here but not to EMS I been in EMS in some form for 17 years. I am a intermediate and fire fighter. I hope I am not jumping someone elses post I am kinda new to the forum thing havent gotten my feet wet yet.

mikeylikesit

Candy Striper
I am new here but not to EMS I been in EMS in some form for 17 years. I am a intermediate and fire fighter. I hope I am not jumping someone elses post I am kinda new to the forum thing havent gotten my feet wet yet.
we don't have a welcome thread yet...so welcome and don't worry people often change thread topics to start wars...you're fine.