First Tactical EMS Bags?

CWATT

Forum Lieutenant
Does anyone have experience with the First Tactical ’large’ Jump Bag? It seems to have a few nice features — ‘infection control’ exterior, module-based interior organization, and no exterior pockets of zippers to get caught on doors (I’ll admit, this has happened to me a few times).

Do other people like interior modules (trauma, airway, etc.)? Personally I like their organization and the ability to drop my bag at the door to a patient’s room and take only what I need. For example, I dread the idea of using a Meret bag with the airway end-pouch roll-out.

Thanks,
- C

https://www.firsttactical.com/products/large-jump-bag

ASL-jump-bag_components.png

Meret Pro X Airway Module:

5BB852A0-8FAF-4046-9F9E-877F348019E3.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

CWATT

Forum Lieutenant
I can see the similarities between both packs, however $430?!?!

As for that Meret kit, you can take those off the end of the bag, it's a six inch straight zipper and velcro.

True, however it’s two sets of zippers and two sets of velcro, and I can’t imagine anyone removing it for the few minutes they intubate someone and then go through the process of reinstalling it again.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
We've got 10+ year old Conterra bags that look almost new. You get what you pay for I suppose.

I don't care for Meret stuff but really it's not a big deal to use, our city FD uses them and it's a pretty minimal hassle when "borrowing" their stuff.

CCCSD

Forum Deputy Chief
M9 bag set up correctly will more than do the trick. That bag ain’t “Tactical “.

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
I prefer the back back style bags now that I've worked at a place with them. We use the statpack g3 perfusion and I love it.

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
Looks like a legit bag. Don't have any of their bags but do have a few items from them and it is quality stuff. Apparently an offshoot of 5.11