First EMT job

elementboy01

Forum Probie
So I just landed my first EMT job at Pacific ambulance in San Diego. Any advice orientation starts on Monday. Thanks for your thoughts

FoleyArtist

More murse than medic now...
hey congrats.

how long did it take to land that? here in OC everyone says everyone's hiring but it seems to be mostly smoke up ur a**. i'm getting worried i won't find anything.

good luck to you.

JonTullos

Forum Captain
This thread is relevant to my interests, as I'm about to embark on my first EMS job too... on Labor Day. LOL

Good luck to you. Here's hoping for a good start for the both of us!

Jon

OP
OP
E

elementboy01

Forum Probie
it took me about three weeks to find a job. I have my certs for Orange county also and I know what you mean. I just hopeful because I would like to work there too.

motomedic

Forum Crew Member
Be the new guy, clean, stock the rig, do all your checks everyday. Use that company as a stepping stone. Get a good foundation and build upon it. be a sponge!! soak up everything. Good luck, Cheers!!

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
Be the new guy, clean, stock the rig, do all your checks everyday. Use that company as a stepping stone. Get a good foundation and build upon it. be a sponge!! soak up everything. Good luck, Cheers!!
Do NOT get lazy about this. You don't want to pencil-whip through all the checks only to find out that you're acutely in need of something you're supposed to have... like on a call or on a CHP or EMS Agency spot check... and have to down the rig... or incur a fine for your company...

rescue99

Forum Deputy Chief
So I just landed my first EMT job at Pacific ambulance in San Diego. Any advice orientation starts on Monday. Thanks for your thoughts

Knock em dead! Well, keep em alive. Um, break a leg. Aw heck, good luck and congratulations on the start of a rewarding and successful career. :p

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Lots of you here now :p When are your FTO days?

FoleyArtist

More murse than medic now...
it took me about three weeks to find a job. I have my certs for Orange county also and I know what you mean. I just hopeful because I would like to work there too.

3 weeks?!?! oh man that's great to hear. i thought by now i'd be able to search for a job but my Live Scan location after a week of waiting i find out they "lost" my prints through a 3rd party sender to the DOJ and had to resubmit them. i have to wait for Live Scan to clear before i can submit my state/county license app. i already have nremt cert., my amb. operator cert. and med examiner card. this is so frustrating.

...again best wishes to you.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Did they do orientation for you guys up at the vista station?