First attempt failed. Help.

TraciJPBW

Forum Ride Along
I just joined this website because everything I look up on the internet about EMT-B always comes back to here.
I ended my class in February, and now we are in December. I waited so long to take my test because when I ended class I was dilated 3 cm already, I had to quit work. Then I finally had my daughter, I moved shortly after with my husband due to him being in the military, and ive been dealing with the last minute stuff they put him through, also being pretty much alone with raising our daughter. It sucks. Its no excuse but it had an effect on my study time. So I just gave it a try, I know some people fail on the first attempt for EMT-B, but man it sure is disappointing.
Is or was anybody in the same boat? I feel like ive procrastinated to take my test and I really could not help it. Is there any websites that could help me out with the scenarios?

Emergency Metaphysics

Forum Lieutenant

I'm with Bill on this one. I just took my registry exam and passed. One of the books I used was this: http://www.amazon.com/SUCCESS-EMT-Basic-2nd-Joseph-Mistovich/dp/0132253968/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1418336823&sr=8-1&keywords=success+emt

It was great. It covered all the topics we're tested on. The book contains nothing but registry-style questions with answers and rationales for the correct answers as well as for why the incorrect answers are incorrect. It was excellent prep for me.

Godspeed on your next run at the exam,
M.

Knighttime

Forum Ride Along
In addition to the site listed and practice exams I will just say I have known alot of people who have done poorly on all levels of the registry exam even after doing quite well through class. Test anxiety and not knowing what to expect can play a role. Now that you have tried the first time you have a better idea what sort of questions you can expect and perhaps areas you could refocus on. Not sure how they break down the results for people now, I'm old and all of my tests have been the paper/pencil variety and I have never taken the computerized exam.

I know what helped me was process of elimination on questions I was not certain of. Once I could narrow it down to 2 choices I would reread what was being asked and try to go with the best answer from there. I can understand how things come up and make it difficult to find time to study or get a test in, not sure if you run with any form of volunteer department but if you are feeling like it has been so long perhaps finding out about sitting through a refresher course? Again I know time can be a factor with raising kids.

Best of luck with your next try and congrats on your new daughter :)