Finally got my start in EMS and am loveing it

nicolel3440

Forum Crew Member
As it says i have my first job with a private amb comp. I do mostly weelchair transports right now cause id ont have my EMT yet but my boss is getting me into an evoc class and bridge course for my EMT. Then I will be able to do 911 calls and standbys. I cant wait.

medic417

The Truth Provider
Congrats. Use this time to get comfortable talking to patients. Ask about their health problems. Then research the ailments they mention so when you do become a Paramedic you will already have a good understanding of the more common health issues.

looker

Forum Asst. Chief
As it says i have my first job with a private amb comp. I do mostly weelchair transports right now cause id ont have my EMT yet but my boss is getting me into an evoc class and bridge course for my EMT. Then I will be able to do 911 calls and standbys. I cant wait.

So you're working for company that does NEMT(non emergency medical transportation) and also have ambulances?

firetender

Community Leader Emeritus
Things to Master in the back of the truck...

Be Yourself.

Learn to connect.

Learn to disconnect.

Be the Technician.

Re-connect.

Be the Human.

Disconnect.

Be yourself.

medicRob

Forum Deputy Chief
Be Yourself.

Learn to connect.

Learn to disconnect.

Be the Technician.

Re-connect.

Be the Human.

Disconnect.

Be yourself.

I know this sounds cheesy, but may I quote this in a powerpoint presentation about EMS that I am doing for an upcoming course I am teaching?

firetender

Community Leader Emeritus
I know this sounds cheesy, but may I quote this in a powerpoint presentation about EMS that I am doing for an upcoming course I am teaching?

The Ask is not cheese, it is an Apertif. Thank you for the treat!

And now, some Swiss of my own: I'd appreciate a reference to my website (a simple "firetender.org" is fine.) That helps someone who wants more to get more!

Don't Forget the title: "Things to Master in the Back of the Truck." If you have something better, let me know and I'll use it!

Last edited by a moderator:

medicRob

Forum Deputy Chief
The Ask is not cheese, it is an Apertif. Thank you for the treat!

And now, some Swiss of my own: I'd appreciate a reference to my website (a simple "firetender.org" is fine.) That helps someone who wants more to get more!

Don't Forget the title: "Things to Master in the Back of the Truck." If you have something better, let me know and I'll use it!

I certainly will, thanks.