Feel like I am going to have a bad day.

1badassEMT-I

Forum Lieutenant
I feel like crap today. Having C/Ps sweaty all the good stuff. icky for sure.

Stephanie.

Forum Captain
I had my very first margarita last night.. plus 5 others... and I am on shift today for 16hours.

What was I thinking.

I need fluids! Someone start an IV.

medicRob

Forum Deputy Chief

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Drinking for intoxication...first sign of Medic Syndrome

Working Despite Signs and Symptoms and bragging about it...SECOND sign of Medic Syndrome.;)

OP
OP
1badassEMT-I

1badassEMT-I

Forum Lieutenant
I had my very first margarita last night.. plus 5 others... and I am on shift today for 16hours.

What was I thinking.

You know you are going to have a bad day after that. But sounds like you had fun. Sucks to be you working tho.

OP
OP
1badassEMT-I

1badassEMT-I

Forum Lieutenant

I feel lots better now. Had a nap this morning a breathing treatment, B/P meds, ate.....now where did I put them damn cigarettes.

medicRob

Forum Deputy Chief
I feel like Ziggy Stardust & The Spiders from Mars this morning. If I could use one image to describe how fantastic I feel this morning, it would be this:

128779579684117380.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
1badassEMT-I

1badassEMT-I

Forum Lieutenant
I feel like Ziggy Stardust & The Spiders from Mars this morning. If I could use one image to describe how fantastic I feel this morning, it would be this:

128779579684117380.jpg

At least you feel good today... which is great.

46Young

Level 25 EMS Wizard

On numerous occasions I've lectured middle aged male pts, as well as those in their late 30's to 40's on not doing the "male thing" and ignoring their S/Sx. It applies more so to you. Recall that over half of FF LODD's are cardiac related. Not just on a call, but when responding, after the call, and some of us also die in our sleep at the station after a tough call. Keep that in the back of your head. One guy I've worked with already died once outside the station while stretching for a run, and was resuscitated by his crew. Two others have went in for stents after having Cx pain on the job. None of the three could be considered obese and out of shape, either.

46Young

Level 25 EMS Wizard

What was I thinking.

Take it from a former professional drinker (bartender), before going to sleep knock back a tall glass of water, or preferably mix it with Gatorade powder, at 1/4 to 1/3 of what the directions say. Do this upon waking as well. Also have a meal with a decent amount of carbs before going to sleep as well. This worked well for me, and I would have between 10-18 drinks or so each working night with all the shots and drinks the customers would buy me throughout the night.

Stephanie.

Forum Captain
Take it from a former professional drinker (bartender), before going to sleep knock back a tall glass of water, or preferably mix it with Gatorade powder, at 1/4 to 1/3 of what the directions say. Do this upon waking as well. Also have a meal with a decent amount of carbs before going to sleep as well. This worked well for me, and I would have between 10-18 drinks or so each working night with all the shots and drinks the customers would buy me throughout the night.

Thanks! I'll try that next time. I don't usually get hangovers but me being a typical 21 yo, I didn't eat anything yesterday and then went out drinking.

Plus my first time drinking tequila.

Sasha

Forum Chief

"Ancient Chinese Secret" given to me actually by an Asian, six Advil, a Gatorade, and lots of water, sleep, and wake up feeling great!

mcdonl

Forum Captain
Today was "fun" day at the gym where my wife and I pick excersizes for each other to do... She picked Cleans and Presses, plyo sets and the dreaded stairmaster for me...

I wish I were dead.

I just picked things that had her bending over a lot :)

johnrsemt

Forum Deputy Chief
we just had a coworker (at my old company) die of heart disease: 49 years old, heavy smoker, lots of coffee every day.
he coded on the way to hospital with his eight MI.

If you smoke or drink lots of coffee be careful

OP
OP
1badassEMT-I

1badassEMT-I

Forum Lieutenant
On numerous occasions I've lectured middle aged male pts, as well as those in their late 30's to 40's on not doing the "male thing" and ignoring their S/Sx. It applies more so to you. Recall that over half of FF LODD's are cardiac related. Not just on a call, but when responding, after the call, and some of us also die in our sleep at the station after a tough call. Keep that in the back of your head. One guy I've worked with already died once outside the station while stretching for a run, and was resuscitated by his crew. Two others have went in for stents after having Cx pain on the job. None of the three could be considered obese and out of shape, either.

Thanks....And I have had a MI last Oct. on 3rd cath one stent.....I am fine now .....getting ready to hit road to NC my son-in-law is in hospital @ wake med I just hope he is going to be ok he is got a elevated D-Dimer thinking he may have a clot somewhere. Anyways I keep them thoughts you mention in my head alot now.

OP
OP
1badassEMT-I

1badassEMT-I

Forum Lieutenant
Thanks! I'll try that next time. I don't usually get hangovers but me being a typical 21 yo, I didn't eat anything yesterday and then went out drinking.

Plus my first time drinking tequila.

Got to becareful with tequila.... I heard tequila makes your clothes fall off!

LucidResq

Forum Deputy Chief
Today was "fun" day at the gym where my wife and I pick excersizes for each other to do... She picked Cleans and Presses, plyo sets and the dreaded stairmaster for me...

I wish I were dead.

Ohhhh I'm totally stealing this idea from you. Finally, I can get my dumb boyfriend to actually STRETCH (what a concept). I bet he'll pick "bouncy" things for me -_-

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief

I wish I were dead.

Wow......:ph34r: Did he just say that?