FDNY EMS Summer ASAP Program

Kavsuvb

Forum Captain
Can anyone ever imagine responding to a call on this

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
yes, and it's a lot of fun. Great for large events (festivals, football games, block parties) when you might need to transport someone from an off road location. Not exactly street legal, but definitely gets you from point A to point B, as well as has AC in the back.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Depending on the circumstances, absolutely. Like I remember working standby during one of the big West Hollywood Halloween parties that stretched entire city blocks, and they were using UTVs very similarly

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Currently working on a grant request for one to replace our Gator with a MedBed.

Bullets

Forum Knucklehead
My agency has one. Biggest hunk of junk ive ever worked in. Huge shop queen. Drive belt snaps all the time. The generator is underpowered to run everything so the breaker flips regularly. Its not insulated enough to really cool down the box. Half the time we just take the doors and flip the windshield up and run it stripped down. i much prefer our Gator

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
My agency has one. Biggest hunk of junk ive ever worked in. Huge shop queen. Drive belt snaps all the time. The generator is underpowered to run everything so the breaker flips regularly. Its not insulated enough to really cool down the box. Half the time we just take the doors and flip the windshield up and run it stripped down. i much prefer our Gator
This is valuable. I have heard nothing but positive from the people I’ve talked to. Maybe some additional due diligence is needed. :/