FDNY EMS stations

NYNJ

Forum Probie
Question for any FDNY EMTs/medics out there. I'm curious about the breakdown of jobs that different stations run, since I know each neighborhood is different. What I'm wondering is:

What stations see the most trauma? (I could probably take a good guess, but i'd rather ask someone who knows)
What are the best stations for (legit) medicals? What buses are really busy?
What places will give you really good BLS experience? What about ALS experience?
What do you see a lot of at your station?

I know every station has their share of everything, but for you guys on the job, especially those who have worked in multiple stations, what are your opinions?

Crackcicle

Forum Crew Member
39 - east New York, 44 - Brownsville, 57 - Bed Stuy, any of the south Bronx stations are generally busy and have a good mix of trauma and medical for both ALS and BLS.

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Central brooklyn is busy, both bls and als, a lot of bs medical calls but mvas and shoot outs are a every day occurrence especially now that its summer

Woodenspoon

Forum Probie
*BUMP

This thread came up in a google search. It sounds interesting and would like to hear some more. Specifically EMS stations recommended for someone who eventually would like to work on the Marine side of FDNY EMS.

adamNYC

Forum Lieutenant
Bed stuy is gentrifying.

2nd East New York and Brownsville.

Bronx is so busy their trying to get more units. Transcare runs a lot of the 911 under different hospitals i.e. Bronx Lebanon, mount Sinai, st barnabus, etc just look for the Velcro patches it's probably Transcare