FDNY EMS Candidates

Gratefuled

Forum Probie
Good luck. They are still calling people till the 19th so I may have a shot. If not then June/July.
Thanks. I'm not 100% sure, but I think the academy only takes about 150 per class. So you're at the mercy of those in front of you. If a lot of people defer them it could be good.
Good luck.

JosephTent

Forum Crew Member
Thanks. I'm not 100% sure, but I think the academy only takes about 150 per class. So you're at the mercy of those in front of you. If a lot of people defer them it could be good.
Good luck.

150 for both AM and PM? One user’s list number is 4XX and got called.

Gratefuled

Forum Probie
150 for both AM and PM? One user’s list number is 4XX and got called.
I think it's 150 for both, but I have no confirmation of that. I'm going on the size of previous classes there is always an article in the FDNY website about graduation and if u go back far enough u can see how many graduated.

List number doesn't mean that the number of people in front of you are going. People defer. That's why I didn't get called for the October class. They only took about 70 people from 8009. The rest where from previous lists and deferrals. And October was split between EMTs and trainees. If they do trainees over the summer (like they did last summer). The EMT class size will be cut in half.

Perhaps someone can confirm class size?