FDNY EMS Candidates

Def26

Forum Crew Member
Just sucks that it’s probably only going to be 90 of us in this June class, gunna suck if they don’t reach me but won’t be surprised
Yeah i know. But at the same time you don’t know how many people won’t take the job, didn’t pass the physical or background check, who will defer. Don’t count yourself out

TheMedicLife

Forum Captain
My Investigator called me and told me yesterday that theres a new academy for Emt's starting June 11th and another in October. He said they will start calling starting May 21st for the June academy.

It's a NON EMT class in June, There are not enough instructors to have two classes going on at the same time.
As they already have 2 Medic basic classes going on with one about to graduate.
So no next class for EMT's only for the EMT Trainee's.
Oh and before I get the how do you know this I am in the Medic basic class and have already seen 2 EMT classes, with this one coming up making it 3 graduating classes .
So we hear a lot of what' s going on with in coming classes.

Good luck to all

Last edited:

fdnyemt1

Forum Lieutenant
It's a NON EMT class in June, There are not enough instructors to have two classes going on at the same time. No next class for EMT's only for the Non EMTs.
Oh and before I get the how do you know this I am in the Medic basic class and have already seen 2 EMT classes with this one coming up making it 3.
So we hear a lot of what' s going on with in coming classes.

Good luck to all
Wonder why investigators told people there would be an EMT class in June then, maybe misunderstanding ?

TheMedicLife

Forum Captain
Wonder why investigators told people there would be an EMT class in June then, maybe misunderstanding ?

You will ALWAYS hear different things coming from investigators down at Metrotech. Perhaps to fend off the same questions they get asked and ease some people.
What you can trust on being spot on and accurate is that piece of paper you get in the mail telling you otherwise, and when to report.
So if it is not in writing, take it with a grain of salt.
Good luck