FDNY EMS Candidates

jb12780

Forum Crew Member
Congrats to those who got called. You're gonna have a blast.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

BoSoxNYC

Forum Probie
Last time I am posting or helping, seems you guys don't read.
You guys need to scroll back several pages and it will help you more than you could imagine.

If you are on 7000 exam you are looking more towards first class in 2018.
I read this forum with a nearly embarrassing regularity for over a year before I began posting. That's not to say some of you on 7000 and beyond won't have appropriate questions before I did but please look back and find the answers to your own questions. If this job means anything at all to you, you should be more than willing to find some time to go back and read so you will have an educated guess about a timeline for your process. I was able to find a pattern with an average amount of list numbers used to fill each class and see exactly when my time would come. If you're not on list 6003, it just isn't your time yet. Be patient, stay out of trouble, check back here to stay informed, and plan on an academy in 2018.
BTW, I was also told last May (2016) at my PAT that my group could go in that same July. It was off by a whole year. This forum is your most reliable source of info. Trust.

TeeDub

Forum Crew Member
Hi.
Does anyone know or remember how long the CPAT takes? I have mine in a couple of weeks at 8am and just curious to how long I should expect to be staying in fort totten.
Thanks

Bnf000

Forum Probie
Hey guys, I was told by my investigator and multiple people throughout the hiring process that we have a pretty good chance for the June academy and rushed our intake process for consideration. But reading your list numbers is making my confused. Completed my PAT, intake, medical,psych all within 1 month. What do you guys think.

List 7000 #6*

I'm in the same boat, list 7000 #* and confused as could be .. people on here insist 2018 is the soonest .. I do not understand why a senior investigator would tell us otherwise, however

Cenzo22

Forum Crew Member
Hi.
Does anyone know or remember how long the CPAT takes? I have mine in a couple of weeks at 8am and just curious to how long I should expect to be staying in fort totten.
Thanks

It starts at 8. I got there at 7. Walked in at 7:10. Was one of the first people there. You take the test in order you get there. I was out of there in about 2 1/2 hours. Get there early!

silvercat354726

Forum Lieutenant
The earlier you get there the better. Make sure you have to use the bathroom as that will be the first of your drug test

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

thatdorkyemt_

Forum Captain
Also tech or dorky any diffence in AM or PM class? I picked PM bc I wanted to try and avoid any traffic I could.

Different instructors and different PT times. Some people choose AM class because they want to do things after. Others pick PM because they like to sleep during the day and focus better in the afternoon.

When you're in AM class you have PT last before going home. When you're in PM class you have PT before everything. Other than that there isn't much of a difference

TheMedicLife

Forum Captain
I'm in the same boat, list 7000 #* and confused as could be .. people on here insist 2018 is the soonest .. I do not understand why a senior investigator would tell us otherwise, however

Trust this forum better than the investigators lol. First what is your list Numer ? Single digits ? On 7000 ?
Ok as I have read the list has called in the 900s on 6003, have someone who was called from LIST 5003 yes you read that right. People defer for what ever reason and they have the right to be called back. Also the size of this class. the last largest # 180 in a class was Jan, if I am not mistaken and this class now graduating was 140. Again once 6003 is depleted, maybe but not guaranted you might get the call for the last 2017 on Oct. But more so 2018 and again that's if 6003 is depleted and people coming back are squared away.
People like myself waited two years before the call and that was after my investigator told me I would be in the next class....two years later lol.

Stay outta trouble and enjoy the summer. You will get called.
Oh FYI don't call your investigator asking questions. Don't shoot yourself in the foot by being a pain in the a$$.
Good luck

fdnyemt1

Forum Lieutenant
The only reason I would assume they are starting to rush list 7000 processes is because I heard promotional will start in October off of the promotional exam

silvercat354726

Forum Lieutenant
Count on deck is 144, we started at 150.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Cdawg06

Forum Crew Member
Congrats to everyone getting called, fingers crossed they get to me at 11xx so I can join you guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Emttttt

Forum Probie
The next few fire class should be promotional if I'm not mistaken so a lot of people are leaving. They probably won't downsize anytime soon. These are just my speculations from what I heard so please do not quote me or get your hopes up.