FDNY EMS Candidates

Type2machine

Forum Ride Along
Got the call this morning, list #64x
I also still had an option. (Am)
I have to report to metro tech center tommorrow at 8 am, I couldn't hear the investigator very well but i believe he said bring 2 forms of identifications ?
Can anyone fill me in ?
I'm bringing my social as well just in case

NyEMT86

Forum Probie
Got the call this morning, list #64x
I also still had an option. (Am)
I have to report to metro tech center tommorrow at 8 am, I couldn't hear the investigator very well but i believe he said bring 2 forms of identifications ?
Can anyone fill me in ?
I'm bringing my social as well just in case

Yes social security card, Drivers license should do.

FDNYEMT

Forum Captain
Does anyone know roughly how long it takes at the quartermaster? Going at 8am
If your the first ones in line then you'll be out in about 3 or 4 hours .

silvercat354726

Forum Lieutenant
If your the first ones in line then you'll be out in about 3 or 4 hours .
Man I thought my appt was at 2pm and it's not until 3pm. Wonder if they will take me since I'll be early.

Emt1981

Forum Crew Member
Man I thought my appt was at 2pm and it's not until 3pm. Wonder if they will take me since I'll be early.
You can go early. I went there an hour early too. Nobody is checking appointment time at quartermaster. As far as how like long you'll be there? It depends on how many people are there before you. When I went, it only took me an hour cause I went on the last day and there was barely anybody there.

silvercat354726

Forum Lieutenant
Was supposed to be there at 11 got there at 9. Back home by 1230. Got so much stuff kinda overwhelming
I was in and out too, but it's seriously an overload of what we leave with.

Stavie670

Forum Lieutenant
So people at metro tec said to wear duty boots to orientation and the guys and the quartermaster said to wear the dress shoes. Also people at metro tec said to wear collar brass and guys at quartermaster said no to wear them. Can anyone clarify as to what needs to be worn on Monday!

jb12780

Forum Crew Member
So people at metro tec said to wear duty boots to orientation and the guys and the quartermaster said to wear the dress shoes. Also people at metro tec said to wear collar brass and guys at quartermaster said no to wear them. Can anyone clarify as to what needs to be worn on Monday!
I'm going tomorrow to Fort Totten. I'll text my buddy who in the previous academy and find out.

My gut says no collar brass and Class A boots.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

silvercat354726

Forum Lieutenant
I'm going tomorrow to Fort Totten. I'll text my buddy who in the previous academy and find out.

My gut says no collar brass and Class A boots.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk
No collar brass or hat pin. Dress pants and dress shoes, tie and clip

silvercat354726

Forum Lieutenant
Is the BI jacket the one with our name on it?

silvercat354726

Forum Lieutenant
Can anyone suggest how to dress when using public transportation? Are we allowed to wear uniforms or do we need to dress down?