FDNY EMS Candidates

Gtor49

Forum Probie
3 to 5 mile runs, <~(depending who messes up, yeah it's like that) yes Push ups number ?? Again varies and who messes up. So listen up and respect your instructors.
Your group helps you and motivates you. team work is key. remember you are all in it together.
Good luck.
Oh and FYI They have study groups an hour before your class begins, I really encourage all of you to go. THEY HELP !
Awesome thanks !

spaceferret

lvl: pumpkinslayer
How long does it take to get psych letter in the mail? I finished the medical this month and have yet to hear about the medical...from what I've seen they usually give the psych and medical in the same month. Does that mean they skipped me? Did anyone else get their psych letter yet? I took my medical like on February 2nd 2017

thatdorkyemt_

Forum Captain
So I'm assuming running, push ups etc. Can you be specific ? Number of miles, number of push-ups? Is there a minimum you need to do in order to pass?
Runs are like Tech said. Pushups same thing. Sit ups. Weight training as well. It all depends on your instructor.... Words of the wise....

Pushups will make you stronger. Mountain Climbers will make you faster. And planking will make you a better person

spaceferret

lvl: pumpkinslayer
Runs are like Tech said. Pushups same thing. Sit ups. Weight training as well. It all depends on your instructor.... Words of the wise....

Pushups will make you stronger. Mountain Climbers will make you faster. And planking will make you a better person
How long does it take to get psych letter in the mail? I finished the medical this month and have yet to hear about the medical...from what I've seen they usually give the psych and medical in the same month. Does that mean they skipped me? Did anyone else get their psych letter yet? I took my medical like on February 2nd 2017

thatdorkyemt_

Forum Captain
Dude you'll get the letter when it comes in the mail. Each of my letters were spread apart by a month or two... Just have patience and keep calm

Jaybone977

Forum Crew Member
I'm starting to get really anxious and nervous about not getting my phone call. The last time I spoke with my investigator she told me to hang tight. I need to refresh soon also. I have not received anything that says I've been dqed which I know is good. Some people say to email my investigator, some people say to call her to if I want to get into this academy. I'm still very confused because there's people who's list numbers were after mine. I'm in the high 320's. Can someone please tell me to clam the f down or give me some bettter advice? Lol thank you

silvercat354726

Forum Lieutenant
I'm starting to get really anxious and nervous about not getting my phone call. The last time I spoke with my investigator she told me to hang tight. I need to refresh soon also. I have not received anything that says I've been dqed which I know is good. Some people say to email my investigator, some people say to call her to if I want to get into this academy. I'm still very confused because there's people who's list numbers were after mine. I'm in the high 320's. Can someone please tell me to clam the f down or give me some bettter advice? Lol thank you
Calm down, they don't go in list number order! I expire in the end of March and received a phone back in December from the senior investigator asking me when I was taking my test or getting my new card. I said as soon as I get it I would send it in. I faxed it in the beginning of January and haven't heard back. Do you have enough time on your card to get through the academy?

jb12780

Forum Crew Member
Went with AM. Rather knock it out early and have time to come home and hangout for a little bit. Also my investigator was Ragins.
I don't blame you. I'm a morning person so getting up early doesn't bother me.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

jb12780

Forum Crew Member
Congratulations too man, maybe they go in alphabetical order also. My last name begins with an O. My buddy got called on Friday and his last name begins with an H
I'm in the same spot as you. I haven't got a call yet. I'm in the high 600s.

Jaybone977

Forum Crew Member
I'm in the same spot as you. I haven't got a call yet. I'm in the high 600s.

My investigator told me that she doesn't expect me to be in the July class but the October class is what she told me last year. A cowork said to me that they won't make calls on Thursday

jb12780

Forum Crew Member
My investigator told me that she doesn't expect me to be in the July class but the October class is what she told me last year. A cowork said to me that they won't make calls on Thursday
What's your list number?