FDNY EMS Candidates

thatdorkyemt_

Forum Captain
Guys. Can't stress enough. STUDY STUDY STUDY!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not everyone makes it to the end. Motivate each other. Guide each other. Make sure everyone makes it across that state after three months.

Gtor49

Forum Probie
What does the physical training portion of the academy consist of? I'd like to be as prepared as possible.

thatdorkyemt_

Forum Captain
What does the physical training portion of the academy consist of? I'd like to be as prepared as possible.
Cardio and Core muscle training mainly. If your regularly active you will be fine. If not better start hitting up the gym now rather than struggle in the academy

Gtor49

Forum Probie
Cardio and Core muscle training mainly. If your regularly active you will be fine. If not better start hitting up the gym now rather than struggle in the academy
So I'm assuming running, push ups etc. Can you be specific ? Number of miles, number of push-ups? Is there a minimum you need to do in order to pass?

TheMedicLife

Forum Captain
So I'm assuming running, push ups etc. Can you be specific ? Number of miles, number of push-ups? Is there a minimum you need to do in order to pass?

3 to 5 mile runs, <~(depending who messes up, yeah it's like that) yes Push ups number ?? Again varies and who messes up. So listen up and respect your instructors.
Your group helps you and motivates you. team work is key. remember you are all in it together.
Good luck.
Oh and FYI They have study groups an hour before your class begins, I really encourage all of you to go. THEY HELP !