FDNY EMS Candidates

Sweet Tee

Forum Crew Member
You probably have already met me or seen me.

God, I just want to pass this thing, without pissing off anybody or attracting the least amount of attention possible.
Lol I think I know who you are. Were you the one we were joking with saying you're going to be the reason we all have to do push-ups?

Harlemkid89

Forum Crew Member
Trust me brother it is a lotta stuff you have to carry, , How about posting here if there is anyone on this board that could help a brother out with extra room in their vehicle that can at least drop you off as close as they can in the city and cabbing?uber it back home ?

When is your fitting day at Fort Totten ? and if anyone is reading this and lives in Manhattan or if you could meet them in what ever borough is close to you could help a future FDNY EMT brother out ? Reach out to HarlemKid89.
What aré we suppose to Bring for orientation in our BLACK duffel bag ?

Doc Logical

Forum Crew Member
Lol I think I know who you are. Were you the one we were joking with saying you're going to be the reason we all have to do push-ups?

I was the one saying I'm NOT gonna be the reason, we're doing pushups. Lol. Hey, that's how rumors get started and we all that's sh*t is rampant, like a std.

TheMedicLife

Forum Captain
What aré we suppose to Bring for orientation in our BLACK duffel bag ?

Notebook Pens paper, Lunch if your bringing one, water and don't forget you always to have your drivers license, EMT card and your FDNY ID card on you all the time.
Red Bag stays home til tuesday when you head to fort totten and it stays in your locker.
Good luck tomorrow !

Tomorrow people will start asking about car pooling.

acoustony

Forum Lieutenant
I just layed out all my stuff. Long sleeve blue shirt (no collar pins), work pants, smooth belt, work boots, tie, tie clip, cover . Am I missing anything?

Doc Logical

Forum Crew Member
Also, I'd love to have an idea of how they will teach us when it comes to the academics considering we'll be tested everyday.

silvercat354726

Forum Lieutenant
Good Luck to those heading in tomorrow. Congrats to those that just graduated.

JZHusky

Forum Crew Member
I was unable to get a mirror finish on my boots. Like not even close despite a good effort. What exactly are they expecting for polish on these boots? And if they hammer me for not having a mirror finish, where can I read how to do a better job for Tuesday? Thanks

TheMedicLife

Forum Captain
Yes, can you tell us more about this. Because somebody told me there may be something with that. What are the details with this if you don't mind me asking.

At the end of Orientation everyone starts asking where you are from and if you are from there part of town ( Borough ) and want to carpool.
And then when you get to Fort Totten on Tuesday (Day 2) the instructor will ask everyone who is from what borough and if they can carpool.
It helps those who don't have cars as well remember you are all in it together.

Good luck tomorrow

TheMedicLife

Forum Captain
I was unable to get a mirror finish on my boots. Like not even close despite a good effort. What exactly are they expecting for polish on these boots? And if they hammer me for not having a mirror finish, where can I read how to do a better job for Tuesday? Thanks

Clean !! no scuff marks and they are not looking for a mirror finish. Just clean and neat.

Harlemkid89

Forum Crew Member
Notebook Pens paper, Lunch if your bringing one, water and don't forget you always to have your drivers license, EMT card and your FDNY ID card on you all the time.
Red Bag stays home til tuesday when you head to fort totten and it stays in your locker.
Good luck tomorrow !

Tomorrow people will start asking about car pooling.
What happens if we show up to orientation with a little bit of hair on our face ? No beard ! Just a little bit of hair growing back ?