FDNY EMS Candidates

Joseph taye

Forum Probie
Hello,
I have a few partners that just got called for fdny ems, they told me on the second day of the academy they had to do 100 push ups and i herd from other people you have to run for 2 miles. Honestly 100 push ups and runing 2 miles is not easy does any1 that went to the academy able to tell me if this is true and if so will you get kicked out if u cant do the 100 push ups or 2 miles thank you!

Xerjak

Forum Crew Member
Hello,
I have a few partners that just got called for fdny ems, they told me on the second day of the academy they had to do 100 push ups and i herd from other people you have to run for 2 miles. Honestly 100 push ups and runing 2 miles is not easy does any1 that went to the academy able to tell me if this is true and if so will you get kicked out if u cant do the 100 push ups or 2 miles thank you!
Yes, its true. The PT hasnt even started yet, the push ups were just punishments. It will be intense. However if you train and give it youre all youll get through it. You will notnget kicked out immediatley. The whole point of the program is to get you INTO shape. However if throughouht the academy you fail to meet their standards you may be quicked out, but that shouldnt happen if you give all your effort, yoy will improve as time goes on.

JohnB151

Forum Probie
Do you remember how long it took you to get your medical letter?
Did agility on feb 28 and got a letter for psych on april 8. Met w my investigator 2x within that time frame. And i got a letter today for my medical scheduled for april 2nd. Didnt even complete my psych yet and got a date for my full medical. Process moving very quickly

ChrisEMT44

Forum Probie
Did agility on feb 28 and got a letter for psych on april 8. Met w my investigator 2x within that time frame. And i got a letter today for my medical scheduled for april 2nd. Didnt even complete my psych yet and got a date for my full medical. Process moving very quickly
You guys on list 6003 are moving so fast. I filed online in September 2014. I'm 95x on 5003 and it took me 17 months to get done with my process and you guys will have it done in less than 6 months. Crazy how fast you guys are going lol

JohnB151

Forum Probie
You guys on list 6003 are moving so fast. I filed online in September 2014. I'm 95x on 5003 and it took me 17 months to get done with my process and you guys will have it done in less than 6 months. Crazy how fast you guys are going lol
Im 5003 with a high list # investigator told me july

FDNYEMT

Forum Captain
Our first day at ft totten, we had to do 100 push ups. But that's because people don't listen or follow very simple instructions. We haven't ran yet. We just run when we are outside from building to building or car to field etc.

FDNYEMT

Forum Captain
The instructors were ragging on am class today saying u guys got 14 write ups already :eek:
We had 4 yesterday. Not sure about the first day. It's very simple guys... just wear your uniform

MelEmtNyc

Forum Captain
Jesus. That's crazy.
We had 4 yesterday. Not sure about the first day. It's very simple guys... just wear your uniform
I don't understand how ppl mess up uniform or forget things it's so easy to follow simple instructions and for them we all pay. So ppl going to the future academies don't be that guy/girl that rolls up a minute before roll call looking deshelved realizing u forgot your cover or something important

silvercat354726

Forum Lieutenant
I don't understand how ppl mess up uniform or forget things it's so easy to follow simple instructions and for them we all pay. So ppl going to the future academies don't be that guy/girl that rolls up a minute before roll call looking deshelved realizing u forgot your cover or something important
It's all about following simple instructions from day one when you show up for your PAT, they are watching you!

acoustony

Forum Lieutenant
That's sick man. I'm crossing my fingers I get my medical soon. I'm in the low 100's. What's your list number?

thatdorkyemt_

Forum Captain

I guess it's a good thing I feel naked if I don't have some form of of a hat on at all times? Lol

RUMCEMT

Forum Lieutenant
Yes, its true. The PT hasnt even started yet, the push ups were just punishments. It will be intense. However if you train and give it youre all youll get through it. You will notnget kicked out immediatley. The whole point of the program is to get you INTO shape. However if throughouht the academy you fail to meet their standards you may be quicked out, but that shouldnt happen if you give all your effort, yoy will improve as time goes on.

Basically do your best. You run/jog at your own pace. As long as you try it's cool but if you stop or walk it will not go well for you. Your not gonna be kicked out as long as you try and don't give up don't worry about how good others do but so your best

thatdorkyemt_

Forum Captain
Basically do your best. You run/jog at your own pace. As long as you try it's cool but if you stop or walk it will not go well for you. Your not gonna be kicked out as long as you try and don't give up don't worry about how good others do but so your best

I say the best idea if it's allowed is to motivate each other to keep pushing. Some of us may be training, others not so much. In the end we all have that common goal that we want to reach

MelEmtNyc

Forum Captain
We had to do a bunch of mountain climbers yesterday bcuz they couldn't tell if it was us or am bcuz we were there at the same time on Thursday they said they heard certain ppl didn't make way for staff. so plz be on top of your game and respect everyone

USMCTom

Forum Probie
We had to do a bunch of mountain climbers yesterday bcuz they couldn't tell if it was us or am bcuz we were there at the same time on Thursday they said they heard certain ppl didn't make way for staff. so plz be on top of your game and respect everyone

No matter what you do you guys are probably going to be punished. It sounds like they're trying to run it like boot camp-lite. So expect a certain amount of shenanigans even if you do everything right...but like melissa said, definitely be on top of your game because if you all really do **** up, I'm sure they have games.

MelEmtNyc

Forum Captain
No matter what you do you guys are probably going to be punished. It sounds like they're trying to run it like boot camp-lite. So expect a certain amount of shenanigans even if you do everything right...but like melissa said, definitely be on top of your game because if you all really do **** up, I'm sure they have games.
Exactly it is not fun doing a million sets in full uniform heavy boots and hat in the heat so July class be on top of ur **** bcuz first day ppl fainted and it's not even "hot" yet