FDNY EMS Candidates

acoustony

Forum Lieutenant
Does anyone have the office number for the Medical Office at Metro tech? I'm not 100% certain if I need to tell them I now need to wear prescription glasses for seeing mid to long distances
Do you remember how long it took you to get your medical letter?

FDNYEMT

Forum Captain
Quick advice for those going into the academy in the future... LISTEN TO INSTRUCTIONS. My class had to do 90 push ups within the first 30 minutes because people didn't listen to VERY simple instructions

nerdinnyc

Forum Crew Member
Quick advice for those going into the academy in the future... LISTEN TO INSTRUCTIONS. My class had to do 90 push ups within the first 30 minutes because people didn't listen to VERY simple instructions

From what I have heard from some of my friends who are instructors, it's no joke anymore. They have drill instructors and will punish the entire class. Simple things like having an all black bag with no markings wasn't even required in my class. I don't know how far they go with it, but the days of slacking off and not paying attention are over. I wish you all luck.

Mikef19

Forum Lieutenant

Someone always screws up. Heard you guys out there this morning. Good luck the rest of the way.

RUMCEMT

Forum Lieutenant

Who are your DI's?

FDNYEMT

Forum Captain

silvercat354726

Forum Lieutenant
How long does it take to get your intake letter? If I complete my packet of paper work what's the next step?

Jimazz

Forum Lieutenant
Yeah I wouldn't worry too much, but also be proactive...I'm 53x and I just did my PAT 2 days ago. So clearly the order is not just based on # if 600/800's are past intake and doing medical.
I havent seen anyone 600/800 with a letter for medical. It all goes basically in order. There may be a few people out of place but for the most part you can count on it going in order. Some things just take longer than others

Jimazz

Forum Lieutenant
How long does it take to get your intake letter? If I complete my packet of paper work what's the next step?

I got my letter for investigations a few days after my PAT to come in 2 weeks after I had taken my PAT. I was away and didnt see the letter till the tuesday before the friday I went in and I was able to get it all done in time. Youll be fine its not hard, alot of people didnt have it done when I went in and they were not penalized

acoustony

Forum Lieutenant
I havent seen anyone 600/800 with a letter for medical. It all goes basically in order. There may be a few people out of place but for the most part you can count on it going in order. Some things just take longer than others
Thanks bro. Slightly freaking out here. Lol. I'm workin corporate now and I'm dying to get out so I don't really want any hiccups in the roads if I can help it. So it's not out of the ordinary that I didn't get my medical yet right being that list number 1XX. Should be soon I assume

Jimazz

Forum Lieutenant
Thanks bro. Slightly freaking out here. Lol. I'm workin corporate now and I'm dying to get out so I don't really want any hiccups in the roads if I can help it. So it's not out of the ordinary that I didn't get my medical yet right being that list number 1XX. Should be soon I assume

The last time I went through this the medical groups were really small. Only a handful of people if I remember correctly

Jimazz

Forum Lieutenant

Are you in the upper or lower 100s?

silvercat354726

Forum Lieutenant
I got my letter for investigations a few days after my PAT to come in 2 weeks after I had taken my PAT. I was away and didnt see the letter till the tuesday before the friday I went in and I was able to get it all done in time. Youll be fine its not hard, alot of people didnt have it done when I went in and they were not penalized
Thanks, I'm waiting for a few transcripts to come in. I did noticed on my detailed earning statement from social security it doesn't have 2016 year on it, I told the lady from the year I started to current. Is that acceptable to only have up to 2015? I haven't worked in almost six years due to a child.

MelEmtNyc

Forum Captain
You ain't lying I was not prepared for that for that happening within the first 10 mins lol. They said ppl didn't run when told when picking up uniforms at quartermaster and they were watching

silvercat354726

Forum Lieutenant
I've takin a well over 12 training classes in my county as a firefighter/EMT do I put them as education? I have certificates from the state plus I have a list with all my hours of hours for each class. Just trying to figure out if my fire training counts as education.

RUMCEMT

Forum Lieutenant
No clue still trying to remember names lol

Lol ok cool. Gotta stop by one day and see everyone at the academy. Just keep yourself tight and do what your asked and you'll be fine. Damn 90 push-ups that's a bad day people must have really screwed up