FDNY EMS Candidates

Fdhopeful

Forum Crew Member
Guys swearing in today, if they mention anything about the promotional please post about it

Boooooooooom

Forum Ride Along
You'll be fine you'll have a new card by then I got mine a few weeks after state[

That is a weight off my shoulders, I did the math and even if the academy starts on July 31(Which is really unlikely), my card wont expire until there is about a week left in the
academy. I really hope they still take me I don't want to miss out on a class because of this

FDNYEMT

Forum Captain
Peggy Quinn said promo is gonna be end of summer beginning of fall. Open competitive is next year

Xerjak

Forum Crew Member
That's something to keep in mind...if you were thinking of getting a city address for Fire Open competitive, it needs to be a year before the filing period, which now seems possible.

Mikef19

Forum Lieutenant
Good luck to everyone starting tomorrow. I'd highly suggest arriving pretty early. Parking is gonna be at a premium. And try not to block me in! I only have 3 days left in the academy, so I most likely won't have too much interaction with you guys.

FDNYEMT

Forum Captain

FDNYEMT

Forum Captain

FDNYEMT

Forum Captain
I'm up to date on all vaccines only thing I can think of is flu shot
For me it's the hepatitis c or b... or something. But I just got a booster a few weeks ago so I'll let them know that

thatdorkyemt_

Forum Captain
So a few things.

1) I have a license. Yet I don't drive.... What will happen if I bring my phone with me and just leave it in my bag, shut off completely and not touched til it's time to go home?

2) does anyone know which bus goes through that area?

thatdorkyemt_

Forum Captain
Q13 stops right outside the gate. Bit of a walk from drop to the EMS bldg do budget for that.

Thanks. And nah it's fine. For the most part I walk at a moderate to fast pace and plan My schedule way ahead. If I have the option I would probably do the PM academy