FDNY EMS Candidates

SIEMTB

Forum Lieutenant
Took my PAT March 19th and I still haven't recieved my intake date yet. Everyone in my group has gone for their intake already and the times I called CID they've hung up on me saying "you just took it. Your list number hasn't been reached yet." Although I know people in the 200s who have gone for their intake and I'm list number 13X

RUMCEMT

Forum Lieutenant
It's probably less than that. I'm 6' and it was lower than that. It is possible to lose the weight in the time frame. I did it.
It's def less than that I was 6'3" and 244 and I had to get to 230.4 when I passed mine .

FDNYEMT

Forum Captain
Anyone here at metrotech?! :D

NYCEMT92

Forum Probie
Just got the date for my physical agility at the end of this month. Does anyone know how the process of rescheduling for medical purposes works?

I broke my foot about 2 months ago. While it is completely healed, I still have inflammation and pain. My doctor gave me slips to wear in my sneakers and gave me a prescription for physical therapy. I'm supposed to go back to him next month to see if the inflammation has gone away.

My only concern is that during the stair climb my foot will be in a lot of pain and affect my performance. So if any one can give me any details on the rescheduling process it would be greatly appreciated. Good luck to everyone who has their date coming up.

SIEMTB

Forum Lieutenant
Just got the date for my physical agility at the end of this month. Does anyone know how the process of rescheduling for medical purposes works?

I broke my foot about 2 months ago. While it is completely healed, I still have inflammation and pain. My doctor gave me slips to wear in my sneakers and gave me a prescription for physical therapy. I'm supposed to go back to him next month to see if the inflammation has gone away.

My only concern is that during the stair climb my foot will be in a lot of pain and affect my performance. So if any one can give me any details on the rescheduling process it would be greatly appreciated. Good luck to everyone who has their date coming up.
You have to call them and they'll instruct you to email them with you name, test number, list number, last 4 of social security and then reasoning as to why you need to reschedule. They will then reschedule when there is an opening.

ndtyank49

Forum Probie

unless you're walking around on crutches I recommend just dealing with the pain for 3:20sec on the stair master, just my 2 cents.

MelEmtNyc

Forum Captain
unless you're walking around on crutches I recommend just dealing with the pain for 3:20sec on the stair master, just my 2 cents.
;) They actually use the stepmill machine in a lot of physical therapy places it's low impact not like running I recommend u do it also i had broke my talus bone in my foot also and im fine minus the swelling from time to time. Also be prepared to wait 3+ months for a new date that's what happened to me when I rescheduled bcuz I was on vaca

FDNYEMT

Forum Captain
what do we wear when we get fitted for uniforms?

Mikef19

Forum Lieutenant
My friend told me to dress comfy bcuz were gonna be changing a lot and trying stuff on.

That is correct. I wore jeans and a zip sweatshirt. You will be getting a lot of stuff. Was at the QM today to pick up some stuff and they were loading the place up for you guys.

FDNYEMT

Forum Captain
That is correct. I wore jeans and a zip sweatshirt. You will be getting a lot of stuff. Was at the QM today to pick up some stuff and they were loading the place up for you guys.

How did it all go? Quick process? Lots of stuff to receive?

Mikef19

Forum Lieutenant
How did it all go? Quick process? Lots of stuff to receive?

Yea, it was quick. But that's because my class was only 2!

Yea, lot's of stuff. Some stuff you leave there to get patches put on and embroidery. That's what I was picking up today.

Not sure how many people they are sending at a time for you guys, but QM is closed tomorrow, Thursday and Friday to outfit your class.

FDNYEMT

Forum Captain
Yea, it was quick. But that's because my class was only 2!

Yea, lot's of stuff. Some stuff you leave there to get patches put on and embroidery. That's what I was picking up today.

Not sure how many people they are sending at a time for you guys, but QM is closed tomorrow, Thursday and Friday to outfit your class.
So we go to totten twice for outfits? (One day to pick up the embroidered stuff one to get fitted)

Str8dope

Forum Probie
exam # 6003, physical agility done,meet with investigator done. Waiting on psych or medical which ever is 1st. Only thing I worry about in medical is I'm 5 foot 11in weighing 246lbs. From what I herd for my height the max they would want me at is 233lbs,can anybody confirm?

What number where you? If you dont mind me asking. Im on #6003 as well. From what I know I dont believe its gonna be a issue for you.