FDNY EMS Candidates

RUMCEMT

Forum Lieutenant
When we go for paperwork and pictures do we get ID cards on the spot or do we get them after graduation?

You get academy Id like first week and your real ids last week of the academy

silvercat354726

Forum Lieutenant
I wish you the best of luck man. If you are over weight start dieting and doing cardio as well. It saves you the hassle when you do your medical to find out you need to lose a substantial amount of weight (happened to me)

Thanks for the advice. I'm about 185lb and stand 5'10" a little extra baggage but not much. I'd love to loose 10lbs but I'm happy where I'm at.

FDNYEMT

Forum Captain
I feel like no one else I getting called (at least those on this).

MelEmtNyc

Forum Captain
also my friend that got called monday in the 700s didn't have an option for classes or options for fittings or paperwork

TheMedicLife

Forum Captain
Thanks for the advice. I'm about 185lb and stand 5'10" a little extra baggage but not much. I'd love to loose 10lbs but I'm happy where I'm at.

Stay fit and watch, it's also the BMI they get you on, just when you think you are ok the BMI can bite you.
Good luck. I am 107X on test 5003 and no call yet, 5003 test had 1500+ applicants and they only reached into the 700s so they have like 800 or so to go on that list before 6003 is even touched.
So patience and staying outta trouble will be a good past time my friend. again Good luck

TheMedicLife

Forum Captain
thank you! besides never being late, show every respect to the instructors, officers and the emts. side conversations was a big issue with this class. a.m and p.m. people just talk and the noise level only goes up. don't let anyone have to yell "lock it up" because of side conversations. it's disrespectful. even at graduation pratice this morning it was ridiculous. especially when a captain is up there trying to talk to a fellow student. stay to yourself if u have to til u get out. also just study hard and practice your skills every chance u get. remember if u pass the class final but fail the state test you're out AND they take away your current emt card. pt really isn't that bad. you'll love the drill instructors. they're fun. just show that you're giving your all

Thanks ! and Congrats.
Best advice I've read so far. appreciate the input. I am on exam 5003 #107X, no call so waiting patiently for July to roll around and hopeful for that class.

TheMedicLife

Forum Captain
Can anyone help. If you've been dq'd for any reason, would they let you know first or just skip over my number?

They would let you know in a letter with the reason as to why you have been Dq'd.
As I have read being on this forum, No news is good news when it comes to Metro Tech.
So hang tight buddy.

Krazyiiz911

Forum Ride Along
They would let you know in a letter with the reason as to why you have been Dq'd.
As I have read being on this forum, No news is good news when it comes to Metro Tech.
So hang tight buddy.
Thanks, it's just cause my list number is 3**. Was thinking I should be in this next class.

RUMCEMT

Forum Lieutenant
Yeah definitely bcuz they reached up to 376 for last academy so that means u got bumped from 2 definitely call asap

Def call your investigator they may think your missing something even if you submitted it. Happened to my buddy before we went into last class

thatdorkyemt_

Forum Captain
I would like to wish those who have received the call for their academy dates the best of luck and hopefully the others that get into the july academy and myself have the opportunity of joining you in the distant future

njp5178

Forum Probie
Hey guys can someone clarify what you need to do to get the 5 residency points on the fire test. I'm under the impression a mailing address will not work, and completely understand. If I were to get an apartment when would it need to be by, or is I too late? Also what types of proof will they look for etc.