FDNY EMS Candidates

FDNYEMT

Forum Captain
How is daily pt? What does it consisted of? Also, I haven't practiced since getting my certification, will the academy refresh me on everything

nacholibre27

Forum Probie
How is daily pt? What does it consisted of? Also, I haven't practiced since getting my certification, will the academy refresh me on everything
you'll do different things for pt. but you'll be running a lot. and you'll learn all the skills you'll need to know and the academics. it's like a new beginning but fdny way

MelEmtNyc

Forum Captain
I'm graduating a week from wed. Next class is in a few weeks not July. 180 people. Pm is great don't let the am ppl keep you from doing it in pm. I friends in am so unwind bash them as a whole but the shots that were took show that the cocky mess they show at the academy carries over. All I'll say is the instructors told us who the tighter group was but I'll leave it at that. Anyone enjoy your time it's tough but if you study and work hard you'll be fine and do not be late or catch an attitude with anyone and you'll be fine. Good luck!
Youre from s.I right? what time do u leave s.I each day with traffic to make it in time for class?

RUMCEMT

Forum Lieutenant
Youre from s.I right? what time do u leave s.I each day with traffic to make it in time for class?

I like to leave around 12-1230 so I can get there by 1-130 taking the belt to the cross island north. I recommend leaving at 12 because then you can get there in time for study group. After your done with state testing and all you can leave like 1 or so and be there by 2 or a little after. Just make sure your parked and lined up by 3pm

MelEmtNyc

Forum Captain
I like to leave around 12-1230 so I can get there by 1-130 taking the belt to the cross island north. I recommend leaving at 12 because then you can get there in time for study group. After your done with state testing and all you can leave like 1 or so and be there by 2 or a little after. Just make sure your parked and lined up by 3pm
awesome thank you so much how is the parking there at that time bcuz the morning class is still there right?

RUMCEMT

Forum Lieutenant
awesome thank you so much how is the parking there at that time bcuz the morning class is still there right?

Depends on the day but you can park in the lot by 325 behind the instructors lot, the whole fence by the field by 325 or the lot behind the instructors lot at 425, the lot by coast guard hill and the road that loops from the water to the softball fields by 405.

FDHOPEFUL33

Forum Captain
I'm graduating a week from wed. Next class is in a few weeks not July. 180 people. Pm is great don't let the am ppl keep you from doing it in pm. I friends in am so unwind bash them as a whole but the shots that were took show that the cocky mess they show at the academy carries over. All I'll say is the instructors told us who the tighter group was but I'll leave it at that. Anyone enjoy your time it's tough but if you study and work hard you'll be fine and do not be late or catch an attitude with anyone and you'll be fine. Good luck!
I bet there are just a few bad apples like there are with anything. Instructors told us who the tighter group is also lol can't go by that. Trying to give the new guys advice. The AM instructors are on their game, and that's coming from friends who are on the job now and have taken am and even the people who took pm advised me to take am. Less people get in trouble in the a.m. Grades are higher in the a.m. Not trying to put down the good dudes in pm class which I bet you are. Just trying to give the same advice that I was given. Didn't mean to offend you. Graduation is here already man. Best of luck in your career man.

RUMCEMT

Forum Lieutenant
I bet there are just a few bad apples like there are with anything. Instructors told us who the tighter group is also lol can't go by that. Trying to give the new guys advice. The AM instructors are on their game, and that's coming from friends who are on the job now and have taken am and even the people who took pm advised me to take am. Less people get in trouble in the a.m. Grades are higher in the a.m. Not trying to put down the good dudes in pm class which I bet you are. Just trying to give the same advice that I was given. Didn't mean to offend you. Graduation is here already man. Best of luck in your career man.

Good luck to you too sry if I snapped a bit but all we hear is garbage talk from some of the guys

FDHOPEFUL33

Forum Captain
I wonder how the class thats in now doing? Hopefully everyone passing
Everyone doing good. Graduation Wednesday. Just passing the days. 2 more days of lecture. Then graduation practice and division and station assignments. Next academy rumored to be April 18

FDHOPEFUL33

Forum Captain
What are they up to on 5003. Have they processed up to the last person on 5003, with being done with the whole process? Thanks

SIEMTB

Forum Lieutenant
What's the number to call again to find if we pass the physcial tomorrow morning? I don't see it in the packet and I'm wondering if it's just the Candidate Investigation Bureau number

Clegrow27

Forum Ride Along
Does anybody have the number for metro tech? I'm out and forgot to save the number for finding out how I did on my agility

SIEMTB

Forum Lieutenant
Passed my physcial. Now it's time to start the packet and to get my paperwork in order. They said intake for the first group, which would be us who took the physical on Saturday, is April 1st.

MelEmtNyc

Forum Captain
Can anyone on the job already clarify what happens right after graduation? Do you immediately report to your station the next day or do you get a day off etc?