FDNY EMS Candidates

Xerjak

Forum Crew Member
I would make sure you have your residency points in order cause your cutting it very close for the promotional
I wasn't aware there were residency points on the promotional. Does it make that much of a difference? Does it have to be in NYC? How far in advance do you need the residency?

Xerjak

Forum Crew Member
I would make sure you have your residency points in order cause your cutting it very close for the promotional
Nevermind, just saw that your reply was directed at someone who might miss the promotional.

TheMedicLife

Forum Captain
You'll get your score and list number in the mail. Probably around March/April.

Also- for those asking about the February class. It's just a medic class. I got my call today. Orientation is February 8th.

So that's the class Frank meant when he said there is February class during my medical.
Good luck buddy

USMCTom

Forum Probie
Hey guys, I read the whole forum and I know this has been touched on before, but just had 1 dumb question. First off congrats to all of you guys who got in and are awaiting graduation, thats awesome. I took the 6003 exam and there are no forums out there right now. Just wanted to know how I would obtain my score and list number. Do I call? Or does my score and list# come in the mail? Is there a number I can call to make sure everything is gravy with my application? Thanks a lot and congrats again!

mlbfdny: Same boat as you, hoping we get our list # in March. I'd like to go Fire route depending on the test dates, but also some gainful employment after I finish up school would be great.

Teej92

Forum Crew Member
Yeah I heard August. I don't know usually how long it takes in between filing and the test but it the test comes out in December and filing is in April that's a long gap

Teej92

Forum Crew Member
That would be great if it's in late summer so the summer academy can sign up for the promo

FDHOPEFUL33

Forum Captain
I doubt it'd be April. Usually at work these things are posted far in advance. I haven't seen anything.
Hey man, in academy if you fail the state, do you get another chance to take it or just one shot to pass, and if u fail you're done

Teej92

Forum Crew Member
You already passed the state once before so don't sweat it bro. Just make sure you study and you will do fine