FDNY EMS Candidates

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Once you get your emt card call fdny and give them your info. Then wait for the next civil service exam which should be given around September 2015. And it's about a 1-2 year wait from the exam until hire.

You don't have to call them, just apply for the exam, which is given once a year, usually September.

This thread has almost 140 pages, it answers every question you may think of.

Welcome to emtlife. And good luck

ThatGirlLex4

Forum Probie
You don't have to call them, just apply for the exam, which is given once a year, usually September.

Thanks so much! I just have two more questions if you don't mind answering! The exam asks questions about your education and experience? And did you have a similar experience with a 1-2 year wait time?

ThatGirlLex4

Forum Probie

Oh whoops sorry I didn't see your description there at the bottom that is so helpful lol

DFD338

Forum Lieutenant
Thanks so much! I just have two more questions if you don't mind answering! The exam asks questions about your education and experience? And did you have a similar experience with a 1-2 year wait time?

I don't have any ambulance time bit I've been a volunteer fire fighter for 4 years and have evoc, hazmat ops and was an EMT for a year at time of submitting for the list. I applied in september 2013 and will be in the academy starting on the 12th. You get a higher score for having various certificates and being an EMT for x,y,z years. Like 0-12 months gives you 5 points, 1-4 years gives 10, and 5+ gives 15. I can't remember the exact values but you get the concept. I'll find you the page that has the exact values when I get home

mr6890

Forum Probie
I talked to a conditions boss last night at work and he said the next full class is April of all road tours. idk how accurate that is... Also when I called DCAS last month for something they said they already appointed 700 people off list 4004.

Mugs89

Forum Captain
I doubt on a Sunday, but they called Lukgiel on a Saturday so who knows. But they should be in full swing this week with no holidays slowing them.

I called DCAS today, and it says last appointed was 156.

Joperlow26

Forum Probie
I got the call on Friday, I'm number 204 I deferred to February, I figured I'd give it a shot to get on the road with the 50/50 class but if I have to do EMD no big deal. I asked the lady like four times your going to call me back for February to make sure I was going to get a call back.

Ttperez40

Forum Crew Member
I got the call yesterday too..but they could not give me the offer because they needed confirmation that my Emt card was up to date but mr.myers told me to listen for a call Monday ..I'm picking the February class though...

mr6890

Forum Probie
I doubt on a Sunday, but they called Lukgiel on a Saturday so who knows. But they should be in full swing this week with no holidays slowing them.

I called DCAS today, and it says last appointed was 156.

i dont think DCAS was open on a Sunday?

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
I wonder how the parking is at .metro tech for emds

Mugs89

Forum Captain
I think its gonna be a while before we know how far they got, or how far they will get after filling the classes.

And parking at downtown Brooklyn cant be good, best to use transit.

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Parking sucks there, but I've been lucky lately parking there. FDNY ems stations, even in Manhattan, have their own parking, so maybe FDNY at metrotech gives discounted parking at the nearby garages.
Granted, I only live a few stops away, I have public transportation.

On the other hand, we can wear the uniform reporting to and from work, so it'll be easy to hit on girls haha,

Glenn

Forum Crew Member
Does anyone know what number they are up to on list 4004. My number is in the 260's and I have not heard anything yet. I call my investigator and she tells me that they don't have the list yet, I call the academy and they tell me the same. They said a lot of staff were out due to the holiday. I heard that they might take 90 for January and then another 90 for February. They might even have a March class. Any information will be greatly appreciated.

billwill

Forum Lieutenant
Does anyone know what number they are up to on list 4004. My number is in the 260's and I have not heard anything yet. I call my investigator and she tells me that they don't have the list yet, I call the academy and they tell me the same. They said a lot of staff were out due to the holiday. I heard that they might take 90 for January and then another 90 for February. They might even have a March class. Any information will be greatly appreciated.

They are up to 250 or so. They haven't filled the January class yet so still more calls will go. Maybe they will be finish at list #400 after January and Feb class???