FDNY EMS Candidates

Crackcicle

Forum Crew Member
Mutuals are at the discretion of your captain and their approval is based upon wind direction, temperature, and just about anything. You can't really rely on mutuals. There is nowhere to sleep at EMD as far as I know. Most stations don't really have spots for sleeping.

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Mutuals are at the discretion of your captain and their approval is based upon wind direction, temperature, and just about anything. You can't really rely on mutuals. There is nowhere to sleep at EMD as far as I know. Most stations don't really have spots for sleeping.

I wouldn't be able to sit for 16hrs and dispatch in a busy system like nyc. Haha

Robin25689

Forum Probie
Aww man. Well what would be my best bet at getting a mutal for BLS? I heard queens is known for mutals cus of all the LI guys. Anyone know how true this is and what stations/areas allow mutals (i live out on the far east end of LI)

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Aww man. Well what would be my best bet at getting a mutal for BLS? I heard queens is known for mutals cus of all the LI guys. Anyone know how true this is and what stations/areas allow mutals (i live out on the far east end of LI)

Everywhere allows mutuals, pending approval from the station captain. A lot of people do double double single. There's a few people who don't do it, they rather you bang out and take your tour. OT is plenty, so you should have no problem

bam5

Forum Crew Member
So everyone

Happy holidays

Did anyone get a call yet from exam # 4004

Since beginning of this month ???

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
So everyone

Happy holidays

For the academy? No
But people did get calls for psych and medical

DFD338

Forum Lieutenant
So everyone

Happy holidays

The only call I've received recently is to get some final paperwork the investigator needed to pass off my file. I think most of us are waiting for an academy call now.

bam5

Forum Crew Member
Good Morning

Thanks for the info
My investigator Just told me that my file is off her desk.

Hoping for Jan

phoppey

Forum Crew Member
As far as EMD goes I did hear they took about 30 people from this class that just graduated. I doubt All 30 wanted to go... But EMD is a cushy gig, alot of people do double double singles, and you get a 30 min break every hour and a half. Plus they have big tvs all around the place. And you get a little bit of a pay bump like and extra 200 per check.

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
As far as EMD goes I did hear they took about 30 people from this class that just graduated. I doubt All 30 wanted to go... But EMD is a cushy gig, alot of people do double double singles, and you get a 30 min break every hour and a half. Plus they have big tvs all around the place. And you get a little bit of a pay bump like and extra 200 per check.

10-6 for the voice

NYNJ

Forum Probie
So the last class graduated yesterday. And they won't be doing anything the week of Christmas. Think there's a chance of phone calls starting on Monday the 29th?

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
So the last class graduated yesterday. And they won't be doing anything the week of Christmas. Think there's a chance of phone calls starting on Monday the 29th?

Yup, there's a chance calls will go out beginning of January, mind you, even though a class ended, they need to secure funding.

Comissioner , current class and two investigators said January
My investigator, medical and a few others said February, so its 50/50

All we can do is wait

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Merry Christmas everyone

DFD338

Forum Lieutenant
Merry Christmas everyone

Merry Christmas too you too! More good news! Got another follow up phone call today. Told me they were going to run my drivers license, and I should hear back next week. Said the next academy is in January.

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Merry Christmas too you too! More good news! Got another follow up phone call today. Told me they were going to run my drivers license, and I should hear back next week. Said the next academy is in January.

Sounds good, that is great news.
Are you done with the whole process? Anything left to do besides waiting?

DFD338

Forum Lieutenant
Sounds good, that is great news.
Are you done with the whole process? Anything left to do besides waiting?

Just wait for the call. I didn't ask how many people were going to be in the academy or anything. :( I almost pooped my pants when I saw the number, because I figured the next time I would hear back from them is when I would get the call. But I can wait another week :D

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Just wait for the call. I didn't ask how many people were going to be in the academy or anything. :( I almost pooped my pants when I saw the number, because I figured the next time I would hear back from them is when I would get the call. But I can wait another week :D

Congratulations. I haven't received a call, but I called my investigator a week ago after emailing some additional stuff and he said they have everything they need, when I asked about the academy, he said February.

Nonetheless, a lot of people said January, that's what I'm going with. It only makes sense that a class just finished and another one is going in now (in January)

Mugs89

Forum Captain
#1xxx here. I remember Peggy telling us about a January, February, April academy at Intake. She added that the classes would be bigger than usual. So I am pretty sure we're all going to be looking at an academy very soon or at least sooner than normal at our respective numbers.

My investigator has been on me for some minor additional paperwork ASAP even at my high number, so it would enforce that they have multiple academies to fill up.

Also told me to look out for my mail, so I'm expecting Psych and Med in January.

DFD338

Forum Lieutenant
Congratulations. I haven't received a call, but I called my investigator a week ago after emailing some additional stuff and he said they have everything they need, when I asked about the academy, he said February.

Nonetheless, a lot of people said January, that's what I'm going with. It only makes sense that a class just finished and another one is going in now (in January)

Yeah that's the thing. None of us know when the next academy is. Hopefully sooner than later, but I'll take whenever!

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
#1xxx here. I remember Peggy telling us about a January, February, April academy at Intake. She added that the classes would be bigger than usual. So I am pretty sure we're all going to be looking at an academy very soon or at least sooner than normal at our respective numbers.

My investigator has been on me for some minor additional paperwork ASAP even at my high number, so it would enforce that they have multiple academies to fill up.

Also told me to look out for my mail, so I'm expecting Psych and Med in January.

My friend has a medical the first week of Jan and psych the second week, something along those lines and he's in the 1000s