FDNY EMS Candidates

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
cool lukgiel, thanks bro. but what did u put for the courses, :censored::censored::censored::censored: is messing me up

Emt course. And first aid cpr

billwill

Forum Lieutenant
Is there a way to know your emt card expire date from the test date?? i take my nys emt exam on 8/21/2014 and have on-site scoring so can I figure out the expiration from that date? would it be 8/21/2018?

Russ93

Forum Ride Along
What does the PAT part of the process involve? I'd like to get a head start on it just to practice.

Is there a way to know your emt card expire date from the test date?? i take my nys emt exam on 8/21/2014 and have on-site scoring so can I figure out the expiration from that date? would it be 8/21/2018?

Not unless you signed up for on-site scoring if available where your taking your state, if you didnt your gonna have to wait about 3 or more weeks to get your cert in the mail. Your instructor cant help, you dont even know if you passed or failed yet just saying. Taking my medic the same day good luck to you.

What does the PAT part of the process involve? I'd like to get a head start on it just to practice.[/QUOTE

3mile run, 100 pushups and 5 situps lol. The physical is just 3 minutes or so on the stairclimb, the first 30 seconds to a minute your without a weighted vest then for the remainder you wear about 45lbs, then you do some bicycle arm revolutions which is the most difficult, then a little dead lift at the end. Its not impossible but dont think you can't fail prepare yourself, Ive heard a lot of people come unprepared. Everything will be explained to you, they will motivate you but just picture yourself smiling on the way home. Make sure you stretch good luck.

My bad for the double btw your state is only good for 3 years

Last edited by a moderator:

sfdgnasty453

Forum Crew Member
Hey everyone. Been a while since I've checked in. Hope the waiting game is going well for everyone. In doing some catching up, I've noticed a few things that might be having people pretty sure they are making the October class. The numbers I am going to use aren't exact, but they are close enough to get the idea across. There are still about 200 numbers remaining in 3024. Of those 200 remaining numbers, an average of 30% to 40% of the people actually remain. This would be 60 to 80 applicants. If we use the lower number, there will only be space for another 30 people for the October class. This should get to about 100 on the 4004 test. Than you can average about 300 applicant spots will be processed per class. The January class should top out around 500. Again, these numbers aren't exact, but they are pretty close to past trends. If you are in the low 100's, keep your fingers crossed for October. If you are in the 500's, keep your fingers crossed for the January class. I hope to see all of you out there one day. Good luck everyone! Enjoy the wait!

billwill

Forum Lieutenant
you cant fill out the app until you get your certification because you need to fill in a field 'date issued'--- they might reject it if your application is submitted 8/8/2014 and the 'date issued' field is 9/15/2014 or something like that

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Hey everyone. Been a while since I've checked in. Hope the waiting game is going well for everyone. In doing some catching up, I've noticed a few things that might be having people pretty sure they are making the October class. The numbers I am going to use aren't exact, but they are close enough to get the idea across. There are still about 200 numbers remaining in 3024. Of those 200 remaining numbers, an average of 30% to 40% of the people actually remain. This would be 60 to 80 applicants. If we use the lower number, there will only be space for another 30 people for the October class. This should get to about 100 on the 4004 test. Than you can average about 300 applicant spots will be processed per class. The January class should top out around 500. Again, these numbers aren't exact, but they are pretty close to past trends. If you are in the low 100's, keep your fingers crossed for October. If you are in the 500's, keep your fingers crossed for the January class. I hope to see all of you out there one day. Good luck everyone! Enjoy the wait!

I was hoping for July, I forgot about 3024, the remaining numbers. I'm #25X, unless a buttload of people failed infront of me, I'm in January. Which sucks, because it's winter snd I have a RWD vehicle haha -_-

Keeping my fingers crossed. I can't wait

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
you cant fill out the app until you get your certification because you need to fill in a field 'date issued'--- they might reject it if your application is submitted 8/8/2014 and the 'date issued' field is 9/15/2014 or something like that

What he can do, is call his school and they will tell him his score and card #, my school got my information about a week or so before I got the card in the mail

Joperlow26

Forum Probie
Does anyone know if they give you a choice of which class you can take as in can you choose if you want day or night. I'm 2xx for exam 4004, I'm hoping for that October academy.

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Does anyone know if they give you a choice of which class you can take as in can you choose if you want day or night. I'm 2xx for exam 4004, I'm hoping for that October academy.

I'm also 2xx, it's probably January for us and yes they give you a choice until a class fill up, then they only offer you what they have. Night class is more popular

Stitch276

Forum Lieutenant
So Looks like I'm going to be applying for 5003 as well. I had to miss my medical due to a death in the family and was told I couldn't reschedule because it was outside the timeline. there goes my 16X list number....Crap... Well here's hoping I get higher on the next list! I'll be seeing you guys form 4004 on the streets soon. A little later than I had hoped for, But I'll still be out there with ya!

emtman01

Forum Probie
hello, i have a few questions hope i can get some help. i am filling out app for emt test thats out now. I have a 40hr hazwoper. which includes the 24hr. should i put 40hr or 24hr on app to get extra 5 points. has anybody done this???
next in the education part should i include my school were i took my emt class? or it doesn't matter?

IFR

Forum Crew Member
So Looks like I'm going to be applying for 5003 as well. I had to miss my medical due to a death in the family and was told I couldn't reschedule because it was outside the timeline. there goes my 16X list number....Crap... Well here's hoping I get higher on the next list! I'll be seeing you guys form 4004 on the streets soon. A little later than I had hoped for, But I'll still be out there with ya!

I would suggest you contact DCAS's Certifications Departmemt. You should be able to be restored to the list. They will probably ask you fax in an explanation of what happened, and your request to be restored. PM me if you have any questions.

billwill

Forum Lieutenant
hello, i have a few questions hope i can get some help. i am filling out app for emt test thats out now. I have a 40hr hazwoper. which includes the 24hr. should i put 40hr or 24hr on app to get extra 5 points. has anybody done this???
next in the education part should i include my school were i took my emt class? or it doesn't matter?

hazwhoper is not the same has haz ops