lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
OP
OP
JPat86

JPat86

Forum Lieutenant
I just looked back on some posts, some say if you're outstanding, then you're in the group to get hired, some say the opposite, it seems no one knows the true meaning

That's what I meant. Sorry. It's been a little bit since I graduated from the academy. When your "outstanding" then your list is open for hiring. Sorry for the mixup. But you right. If your currently "outstanding" then they recently opened up the list for investigators to star talking for the next class. If your not outstanding then you'll be in the following class. So sorry to get everyone confused.

Last edited by a moderator:

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
That's what I meant. Sorry. It's been a little bit since I graduated from the academy. When your "outstanding" then your list is open for hiring.

We did investigative work and figured it out haha, by the way, how was the academy, working already?

OP
OP
JPat86

JPat86

Forum Lieutenant
We did investigative work and figured it out haha, by the way, how was the academy, working already?

It was the best 10 weeks I never want to ever repeat. Lolol it's stressful. Rough. But at the same time you make friends and enjoy it. Especially after you pass your practicals. All the instructors lighten up. Just letting everyone know. It's all a game. Don't take their rough tough attitudes and screaming to heart. They are just looking for discipline. There is a lot of running. There is a lot of push-ups. Study study study! You guys will do fine. Im out at station 44 on Brownsville.

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
It was the best 10 weeks I never want to ever repeat. Lolol it's stressful. Rough. But at the same time you make friends and enjoy it. Especially after you pass your practicals. All the instructors lighten up. Just letting everyone know. It's all a game. Don't take their rough tough attitudes and screaming to heart. They are just looking for discipline. There is a lot of running. There is a lot of push-ups. Study study study! You guys will do fine. Im out at station 44 on Brownsville.

Congratulations, I work KBJ so not that far from you

medic308

Forum Crew Member
Just called in to dcas and the message said that the information can not predict when a list number will be called to the academy.

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Just called in to dcas and the message said that the information can not predict when a list number will be called to the academy.

Your investigator will tell you the same thing

davidseda

Forum Ride Along
my work history is very long, i worked many different jobs. but at my last job i resigned, i just left and didnt come back. i regret not doing it the right way. would that affect my chances to get in if the investigator cites that?

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
my work history is very long, i worked many different jobs. but at my last job i resigned, i just left and didnt come back. i regret not doing it the right way. would that affect my chances to get in if the investigator cites that?

They look at the big picture, what kind of job it was, how long you worked there, whether it was long or short term, your reason for leaving, etc, they will ask for a notorized statement. It shouldn't be a problem provided your criminal history, other jobs were positive, etc, they look at all details about you, was it a one time stupid mistake or a on going thing

davidseda

Forum Ride Along
They look at the big picture, what kind of job it was, how long you worked there, whether it was long or short term, your reason for leaving, etc, they will ask for a notorized statement. It shouldn't be a problem provided your criminal history, other jobs were positive, etc, they look at all details about you, was it a one time stupid mistake or a on going thing

it happened once more, a total of 2 times.

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
it happened once more, a total of 2 times.

it depends on the big picture, how you are as a person in general. Also on the investigators mood. He can worry you'll say fuxk this and one day never come to work, they are down a bus, need to give out ot etc.
How come you didn't call in advance or put in a letter or something

Would you truthfully hire your self?

davidseda

Forum Ride Along
it depends on the big picture, how you are as a person in general. Also on the investigators mood. He can worry you'll say fuxk this and one day never come to work, they are down a bus, need to give out ot etc.
How come you didn't call in advance or put in a letter or something

Would you truthfully hire your self?

in the packet i described my circumstances, but i would verbally express my dream of joing the fdny since i first certified in 2008 as an emt, and the disappoinments i have faced with multiple companies, (unpaid overtime, insults, disrespect, crappy unions, crappy pay, ect). i would also expresse how i got called in 2010 for the FDNY and they stoped my app process after i got up to the psych due to the manditory civil service requirement introduced at that time. I also would guarantee and even shed a tear to convince him or her this is a job i want to retire from and support a family with. im 29 '6,2 235 pounds clean shaved and well proportioned im sure thats a small help as far as appearence goes. I just have to keep my fingers crossed and ask the higher power to bless me.

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
in the packet i described my circumstances, but i would verbally express my dream of joing the fdny since i first certified in 2008 as an emt, and the disappoinments i have faced with multiple companies, (unpaid overtime, insults, disrespect, crappy unions, crappy pay, ect). i would also expresse how i got called in 2010 for the FDNY and they stoped my app process after i got up to the psych due to the manditory civil service requirement introduced at that time. I also would guarantee and even shed a tear to convince him or her this is a job i want to retire from and support a family with. im 29 '6,2 235 pounds clean shaved and well proportioned im sure thats a small help as far as appearence goes. I just have to keep my fingers crossed and ask the higher power to bless me.

I understand, fdny is all I think about all day, just waiting to hear I got into the academy. The investigator is the one who makes the decision, he likes you, he'll push you through. What would really help is if you had a emt job that you still have or quit properly, that'll show you care about ems. Truth be told, not showing up to work is a bad way to quit, lousy pay etc doesn't warrant that, and as an emt you'll make like 14 or 15 bucks an hour, isn't that bad pay? Granted you become a medic and after a few years with ot and night differencial you can make 80, 000 or so. I'd keep my fingers crossed, as long as your license is clean and no convictions and a good history with an ems job, I wouldn't worry too much, good luck, you'll be fine bro

NYNJ

Forum Probie
I heard a rumor today (keyword:rumor) that there might be a class in late November. Either the oct class being pushed back or the jan class being pushed up. Has anybody else heard anything similar?

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
I heard a rumor today (keyword:rumor) that there might be a class in late November. Either the oct class being pushed back or the jan class being pushed up. Has anybody else heard anything similar?

Usually there's an academy in September, this year they have an extra one (july-which will have a few 4004 people) and October (original September class pushed back) told by my investigator and a few other fdny ems workers.

Where did you hear that rumor

DFD338

Forum Lieutenant
I just called DCAS wasn't expecting anything but I'M ON OUTSTANDING CERTIFICATION NOW:) It's Moooving!

List 16*
Exam#4004

Just called and my status has changed from "Not Outstanding" to "Outstanding" too. Here's to hoping we get called for July!

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Just called and my status has changed from "Not Outstanding" to "Outstanding". Here's to hoping we get called for July!

25X here, also changed from "not outstanding" to "outstanding" that means July academy? I know tons of people failed physical, medical, a lot of quit or didn't show up or gave up on the process, so we should be in next academy which is july.

We need people with higher numbers to tell us what it says for them so we can see how high it goes up to

phoppey

Forum Crew Member
25X here, also changed from "not outstanding" to "outstanding" that means July academy? I know tons of people failed physical, medical, a lot of quit or didn't show up or gave up on the process, so we should be in next academy which is july.

We need people with higher numbers to tell us what it says for them so we can see how high it goes up to

I just checked im on outstanding certification