FDNY EMS Candidates

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
This July class is people with list numbers from like 850 all the way into the 1300s from 3024 and maybe a few people from 4004 if they cant get enough people.

Oh so I'm guessing people up until 26x or so will be called for October, with 3025 they went up around there for the first academy in sept 2013

wanderingnick

Forum Probie
For the investigation, what time were you required to be at metrotech? I've heard 2 answers...6am and 8am. Just trying to get an idea how truthful this is.

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
For the investigation, what time were you required to be at metrotech? I've heard 2 answers...6am and 8am. Just trying to get an idea how truthful this is.

Your letter will have that information, it might be differentfrom group to group

NYNJ

Forum Probie

Just some advice...whatever time they give you in your letter, plan on getting there an hour to 45 mins earlier than that. Three reasons for that.

1. You can't go wrong being early
2. If you're one of the first 12 guys there, you'll be the first group to get called to see the investigators. And as a result, you'll be done earlier.
3. Trains get delayed, traffic accidents happen, don't be the one who's late!

davidseda

Forum Ride Along
Can someone answer this?

Hello everyone, my list number is 53X with a score of 70, i took the civil service 9/05/13. i got my physical letter 03/28/14 for the 04/10/2014 physical exam. i passed it. i must admit the arm cycle is the toughest part. i was wondering how long is the wait for the investigator interview after taking the physical. a month and a half later and i still havent recieved a letter for the interview.

thanks

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Hello everyone, my list number is 53X with a score of 70, i took the civil service 9/05/13. i got my physical letter 03/28/14 for the 04/10/2014 physical exam. i passed it. i must admit the arm cycle is the toughest part. i was wondering how long is the wait for the investigator interview after taking the physical. a month and a half later and i still havent recieved a letter for the interview.

thanks

Should be in a month or two

DFD338

Forum Lieutenant
Has anyone heard anything on who is getting into the July academy? In terms of if they are inviting 4004 or not. Or has anyone received a call to attend?

OP
OP
JPat86

JPat86

Forum Lieutenant
Call DCAS and follow the prompt. When they ask you for your social they will then proceed to view your status. If it says your currently "outstanding" then you know your going to be receiving our call for the next class that will be going out. If it says your currently not outstanding Then you have a little wait ahead of ya. (It's all automated) In my previous posts I believe I posted the number you an call to find out the status of your application.

Last edited by a moderator:

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Call DCAS and follow the prompt. When they ask you for your social they will then proceed to view your status. If it says your currently NOT "outstanding" then you know your going to be receiving our call for the next class that will be going out. If it says your currently outstanding. Then you have a little wait ahead of ya. (It's all automated) In my previous posts I believe I posted the number you an call to find out the status of your application.

I just called dcas ,1 212-669-1357, and they said I'm currently not on a outstanding certification, so does that mean I'll get a phone call for the next academy which is july?

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
I just looked back on some posts, some say if you're outstanding, then you're in the group to get hired, some say the opposite, it seems no one knows the true meaning

DFD338

Forum Lieutenant
I just called dcas ,1 212-669-1357, and they said I'm currently not on a outstanding certification, so does that mean I'll get a phone call for the next academy which is july?

Says "Not Outstanding" for me as well. Hopefully we get the call!

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Says "Not Outstanding" for me as well. Hopefully we get the call!

We need more people to call in, with both Higher and lower numbers, then we'll know

curryb15

Forum Crew Member
Just called I'm number 62* and am listed as "not outstanding". I took my agility may 10th and haven't herd anything since

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
I think when you're "outstanding" then you're in the next group to be called. For July, they'll call maybe a few people from 4004, there are a lot of people from 3024 and other past exams. I read a few forums on dcas and it should be outstanding, not "not outstanding"

DFD338

Forum Lieutenant
I think when you're "outstanding" then you're in the next group to be called. For July, they'll call maybe a few people from 4004, there are a lot of people from 3024 and other past exams. I read a few forums on dcas and it should be outstanding, not "not outstanding"

So then we're all looking at the October academy.

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
It seems as if Jpat gave us the wrong answer, looking at other forums, dcas, fdny etc is seems as if "outstanding" means you've been cleared and are next in line, "not outstanding" means you are still in the review process, #s from 20 to 5xx all have "not outstanding" I don't think they will call 500 people for the july academy, considering they will have a lot of 3024 people left over to deal with....... just my 2 cents

Dont quit your day job just yet lol. We still have 35 days or so till the July academy, I know people whom received their offer about 2 weeks prior up to the day before the academy started. Not everyone ahead of you qualified to continue and some quit so your actual list # is earlier. I recall the day of my medical they told us atleast 70 heads just didn't show and i'm positive its higher than that. I know a couple of people personally whom chose not to continue and others that failed the physical or there was an issue with their medical thats holding them back. Optimism is all I have, best advice I read on here is not to dread the process. They will call YOU when THEY are ready... I just need to keep repeating that. :ph34r: