FDNY EMS Candidates

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
k... im taking my exam 8/21 and hoping for the civil service to come 9/4-9/24 like it did last year.. I heard that it may come early as next month! do you think they would just open the filing period with no notice in July? If they do im screwed!

Very unlikely they will, it was done in September, unless they need that many people. They usually let dcas know a few days before, the beginning of the month. If you take your exam the 21st, you should get your card before 9/24 and be able to file

emtnyc2012

Forum Lieutenant
Does anyone know how many people are in one academy class? I heard 150 in one class, there's a day and night class so 300 and with 4 classes per year, 1200 people are in the academy per year. Is this correct?

90 +/-

45 day 45 evening +/-

JRellsz

Forum Crew Member
It took me 6 or 7 weeks to get my cert.

I also have heard from a reliable source that there's going to be an extra academy before the end of 2014.

It's gonna be :

July, September, November

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
a question for the guy who did the medical the letter states that we meet in the back of the building where would that be exactly and how early should I arrive

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
It took me 6 or 7 weeks to get my cert.

I also have heard from a reliable source that there's going to be an extra academy before the end of 2014.

It's gonna be :

July, September, November

Hopefully with 25X I'm in September, I hopw for july but unlikely

wanderingnick

Forum Probie
For anyone who has to get their detailed earnings statement, go to the office in flatbush brooklyn on nostrand ave. Small office, wait is 30 minutes max.
Note they only take money orders in the amount of $102

What would be the actual address in Brooklyn or elsewhere to get the detailed earnings statement. I want to get this done and out of the way.

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
What would be the actual address in Brooklyn or elsewhere to get the detailed earnings statement. I want to get this done and out of the way.

I do not recall, google it. There's only one, it is on nostrand ave

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
The medical is supposed to meet up in the back of metrotech, so its the opposite side of where we did everything else?

Thank you for quick answer

And how early can I get there

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Yea sign in at the front desk than go to the auditorium and wait

Thanks, the medical starts at 6:15.

Should I get there earlier like at 5:15 so I won't have to spend all day there?

Thanks

Crackcicle

Forum Crew Member
You will be there all day no matter when you get there. You have the lowest priority - retirees, firefighters, current ems medical a will all bypass you on the line

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
You will be there all day no matter when you get there. You have the lowest priority - retirees, firefighters, current ems medical a will all bypass you on the line

Thanks. Appreciate it.
I cannot wait for the end for the doctor to tell me I passed

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
is anybody able to get out general rundown of how did the day will go

thanks so much

curryb15

Forum Crew Member
Took my physical May 10th still waiting for investigation appointment. The wait is killing me
List number 62*

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Took my physical May 10th still waiting for investigation appointment. The wait is killing me
List number 62*

I know how you feel haha, and the further you get into the process, the worse it gets

medic308

Forum Crew Member
Thanks, the medical starts at 6:15.

Should I get there earlier like at 5:15 so I won't have to spend all day there?

Thanks

Everyone starts and finishes at the same time. If someone misses a step everyone else in the group waits for them.

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Everyone starts and finishes at the same time. If someone misses a step everyone else in the group waits for them.

We waited over 90 minutes for one guy. Anyway, I passed the medical, doctor signed me off and now I'm awaiting results for the drug test and blood work.

Everyone said my chance is September academy, hopefully haha 2 months away I'm nervous as hell