FDNY EMS Candidates

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Btw, do we get a answer whether we pass the medical same day?

billwill

Forum Lieutenant
does anyone remember when the civil service test was announced. I know last test, the application period was Sept. 4-24 but what day did they first post the exam form?

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
does anyone remember when the civil service test was announced. I know last test, the application period was Sept. 4-24 but what day did they first post the exam form?

I believe sept 4. Or beginning of September but you weren't able to file until the 4th

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
does anyone have any advice for the medical please

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Don't do drugs...? Just do what they tell you to do. And drink a lot of water!

Business casual or street clothes? the letter doesn't specify

Thanks

DFD338

Forum Lieutenant
Business casual or street clothes? the letter doesn't specify

Thanks

I wore dress pants with a button down shirt and tie. You will be taking your shirt off and rolling up your sleeves so I left the jacket at home.

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
I wore dress pants with a button down shirt and tie. You will be taking your shirt off and rolling up your sleeves so I left the jacket at home.

The doctor let you know at the end how you did?

Canadian

Forum Crew Member
Hey everyone,

Sorry if it's been posted before but I'm wondering: is FDNY the sole provider of EMS in NYC?

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Hey everyone,

Sorry if it's been posted before but I'm wondering: is FDNY the sole provider of EMS in NYC?

No, but FDNY controls ems. You have fdny, voluntaries (hospitals) volunteers, and privates which mostly do transports and nursing home emergencies and 2 have 911 contracts (seniorcare and transcare)

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
They have the majority of EMS in the city and are constantly expanding as the private hospitals close.

That's why if you want ems as a career, go fdny

Scott33

Forum Asst. Chief
No, but FDNY controls ems.

I prefer the term oversees

You have fdny, voluntaries (hospitals) volunteers, and privates which mostly do transports and nursing home emergencies and 2 have 911 contracts (seniorcare and transcare)

I believe there are about 40 or so EMS systems which provide 911 coverage in NYC.

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
I prefer the term oversees

I believe there are about 40 or so EMS systems which provide 911 coverage in NYC.

You're talking about hospitals right? I meant two private companies which have a 911 contract

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Does anyone know how many people are in one academy class? I heard 150 in one class, there's a day and night class so 300 and with 4 classes per year, 1200 people are in the academy per year. Is this correct?

billwill

Forum Lieutenant
when you take the nys emt exam-- do you get your emt cert number the day of the exam or when you get your exam score?

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
when you take the nys emt exam-- do you get your emt cert number the day of the exam or when you get your exam score?

If you signed up for onsite scoring, you get a temp certificate, otherwise you'll get your card and score in a month or so, I waited 4 weeks

billwill

Forum Lieutenant
If you signed up for onsite scoring, you get a temp certificate, otherwise you'll get your card and score in a month or so, I waited 4 weeks

k... im taking my exam 8/21 and hoping for the civil service to come 9/4-9/24 like it did last year.. I heard that it may come early as next month! do you think they would just open the filing period with no notice in July? If they do im screwed!