FDNY EMS Candidates

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Quick question for people who already did the medical for FDNY EMS

If I passed the MEPS (Military medical exam, which they said is the most thorough exam of your life) I should have no problem with the FDNY ems medical right?

emtnyc2012

Forum Lieutenant
Quick question for people who already did the medical for FDNY EMS

If I passed the MEPS (Military medical exam, which they said is the most thorough exam of your life) I should have no problem with the FDNY ems medical right?

You should be fine dude. Just don't hide anything from them.

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
You should be fine dude. Just don't hide anything from them.

Hoow do you think they look at scoliosis ? I have slight curvature of the spine, nothing serious I was able to get into the military, but I know fdny does chest xrays and they will see it. I worked construction, I work ems transport now and volley at two places with no problems, I called fdny and they said its case by case, I'm telling my self it won't be a problem since I am able to work and workout at the gym with no pain,

Sorry about long post

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
If bet if you got into the military you should be ok.

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
If bet if you got into the military you should be ok.

Thanks, I'm sure their medical isn't that difficult, they don't have an age limit so as long as you are fit and not disabled in any way, you're good. That's my thinking, I know a guy who has a prosthetic leg in fdny, he's a LT

emtnyc2012

Forum Lieutenant
Hoow do you think they look at scoliosis ? I have slight curvature of the spine, nothing serious I was able to get into the military, but I know fdny does chest xrays and they will see it. I worked construction, I work ems transport now and volley at two places with no problems, I called fdny and they said its case by case, I'm telling my self it won't be a problem since I am able to work and workout at the gym with no pain,

Sorry about long post

Not a 100% positive on your situation but I know a guy who has surgery recently to repair a tear in ligament. All they had to do is get a note from the Dr saying the procedure was successful and that he can partake in strenuous work activities I believe.

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Not a 100% positive on your situation but I know a guy who has surgery recently to repair a tear in ligament. All they had to do is get a note from the Dr saying the procedure was successful and that he can partake in strenuous work activities I believe.

getting notes like that from doctors or therapists will be no problem

thank you so much

emtnyc2012

Forum Lieutenant
Any rumors to when the calls start going out for Februarys academy? I know it's real early.

I'm thinking last week of January the earliest first week if February

Ryan815

Forum Lieutenant
I was wondering the same thing. It appears from reading prior posts before Sept's class on this forum that calls started going out about 20 days before the academy started. Happy New Year !!

emtnyc2012

Forum Lieutenant
I know someone who is on the last list that will be in this class. As soon as they get the call I'll make a post

phoppey

Forum Crew Member
For the backround info packet, what should you put if you dont know the exact day of when you started working somewhere or the day you started school or the date of when you moved to an adress?

EMTVeg

Forum Captain
For the backround info packet, what should you put if you dont know the exact day of when you started working somewhere or the day you started school or the date of when you moved to an adress?

As long as the month and year are filled in you are fine. I had the same issue. I just put the month and year and then notified my investigator at my intake

djrice91

Forum Ride Along
Hey, I wanted to ask a question. I took Exam 4004. I had a suspended drivers license because I didn't have the right insurance card on me when I was stopped. I have since had my license reinstated. Am I going to be disqualified for that? Should I just pack my bags in now?

EMTVeg

Forum Captain
Hey, I wanted to ask a question. I took Exam 4004. I had a suspended drivers license because I didn't have the right insurance card on me when I was stopped. I have since had my license reinstated. Am I going to be disqualified for that? Should I just pack my bags in now?

Lol no. Just be honest explain the situation to them and make sure you have any documentation together.