FDNY EMS Candidates

graycord

Forum Crew Member
Okay here's a question, is it possible to do fdny ems daytime and night medic school on the outside? Has any one in fdny ever done it successfully?

It's been done.
But you will be very, very miserable.

SIemt

Forum Crew Member
Does anybody know what types of questions they ask on the psych? Drug questions? If you've ever thought about killing someone questions? I'm just trying to figure this out out of curiosity lol

MelEmtNyc

Forum Captain
Does anybody know what types of questions they ask on the psych? Drug questions? If you've ever thought about killing someone questions? I'm just trying to figure this out out of curiosity lol
Anything you can imagine, sex questions do u like flowers, do u wanna be a florist, do you like the outdoors, do you like working alone etc like 800 questions like that

FDNY402

Forum Crew Member
Hey so I hope I can help out people with expiring cards, for right now and canidets in the future because its not covered on this fourm. I think Fernando is right, I called the academy (718)352-2398 this morning and whoever answered the phone said you just haveto have a card at the start of your class, you dont need it during the class. Im just confused about it because while your doing rotations you are practicing as an EMT-B on a state certified BLS bus, which its state law you NEED an active bls card. I was ganna ask him about that but he seemed annoyed at my question and seemed very confident in his answer that you dont need a valid card throughout. Its as if he has gotten that question alot and has become bothered answering it. I guess as long as you take all the tests and pass the state written/practical its no questions asked, you just get a new card and move on. Good luck everyone July is right around the corner.

Fernando

Forum Crew Member
Hey so I hope I can help out people with expiring cards, for right now and canidets in the future because its not covered on this fourm. I think Fernando is right, I called the academy (718)352-2398 this morning and whoever answered the phone said you just haveto have a card at the start of your class, you dont need it during the class. Im just confused about it because while your doing rotations you are practicing as an EMT-B on a state certified BLS bus, which its state law you NEED an active bls card. I was ganna ask him about that but he seemed annoyed at my question and seemed very confident in his answer that you dont need a valid card throughout. Its as if he has gotten that question alot and has become bothered answering it. I guess as long as you take all the tests and pass the state written/practical its no questions asked, you just get a new card and move on. Good luck everyone July is right around the corner.
Thank you!!!!

thatdorkyemt_

Forum Captain
Hopefully we get calls 4 weeks in advance... I need to do a lot of planning with my current employer lol

thatdorkyemt_

Forum Captain
Yeah we got a guy from NJ in our current class that got called the day before class started

Hey is it normal for our folders to be given to a different investigator? I don't know if I should be concerned or its just a part of the process

MelEmtNyc

Forum Captain
Hey is it normal for our folders to be given to a different investigator? I don't know if I should be concerned or its just a part of the process
Yep totally normal they go to senior investigators to make sure everything is good to go and that you're fully cleared for the academy

thatdorkyemt_

Forum Captain
Yep totally normal they go to senior investigators to make sure everything is good to go and that you're fully cleared for the academy

Lol thanks. So hopefully with my updated statement I'm all set. How's the PT treating you?

MelEmtNyc

Forum Captain
Lol thanks. So hopefully with my updated statement I'm all set. How's the PT treating you?
No pt for now for me other squads have it right now my squad has 2 rotations back to back then we have 6 straight days of evoc so after that my squad will have pt again once you're broken up u do diff things daily 1 day ur at randalls island next could be fort totten next day could be rotation..

thatdorkyemt_

Forum Captain
No pt for now for me other squads have it right now my squad has 2 rotations back to back then we have 6 straight days of evoc so after that my squad will have pt again once you're broken up u do diff things daily 1 day ur at randalls island next could be fort totten next day could be rotation..

Well have fun. Hope all goes well, and hopefully I'll see you on the other side lol. I'm still dropping in weight overall and my cardio is improving slowly. The academy Will probably get me into better shape than what I was in high school too lol

FDNY402

Forum Crew Member
I haven't heard anything from my investigator or anything on like 3/4 months. Should I just assume everything is good or should I ask my investigator what's going on? List #11** on exam 5003

Yea man same here, last time I talked to her was 3 months ago. I called dcas and it says im "outstanding" so if I have never gotten a call, DQ letter, and im still outstanding I guess im in the clear?

FDHOPEFUL33

Forum Captain
Do you know if your investigator handed off your file to his or her supervisor yet? If so, that is a good sign, but pretty early for that to happen. Usually 3-4 weeks before u get the call the supervisor will get your file.

thatdorkyemt_

Forum Captain
Do you know if your investigator handed off your file to his or her supervisor yet? If so, that is a good sign, but pretty early for that to happen. Usually 3-4 weeks before u get the call the supervisor will get your file.

My file was handed to one of the senior investigators. She had contacted me recently for an updated statement about a motor vehicle incident I was involved in because the first one was no good.... (not enough details)