FDNY EMS Candidates

Mikef19

Forum Lieutenant
I definitely will brotha. You should definitely get a call. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed. Let's hope it's a big class

It's definitely a big class. One of the instructors said again today it's gonna be around 180. Good luck.

mlbfdny

Forum Crew Member
wondering how long until I hear anything with list number of 685, I'm guessing a long while. Guess I will keep on working as much as I can, working out, eating better until I get more info. Have they tapped 6003 yet, or are they still finishing up 5003?
I am 250 and got my PAT letter over the weekend. I will be going in on the 26th or 28th, I don't remember exactly. So it might be coming to you sooner rather then later!

Jimazz

Forum Lieutenant
im assuming fdny has to pick up the transcare slack. I didnt really follow what happened but maybe that will give some of us 6003 guys some hope on getting in before the promo. Any thought on signing up for the promo test before youre on the job? Lol

MelEmtNyc

Forum Captain
im assuming fdny has to pick up the transcare slack. I didnt really follow what happened but maybe that will give some of us 6003 guys some hope on getting in before the promo. Any thought on signing up for the promo test before youre on the job? Lol
Well 5003 last appointed list #370 and has to reach 1600 before moving on to 6003 so even with 180 per academy it's highly unlikely :/

Jimazz

Forum Lieutenant
Well 5003 last appointed list #370 and has to reach 1600 before moving on to 6003 so even with 180 per academy it's highly unlikely :/
In 2013 i was in the 300s and my friend was in the 1000s. He never finished his process they just started using the new list

FDHOPEFUL33

Forum Captain
Highly unlikely dude. Promo test supposedly gonna be in August-ish so the earliest 6003 will be touched is January 2017. I was in 150s and I was called for this January academy. Guys will probably be taking the promo after this in 2020. Unless something drastic happens but the open competitive from 2012 expires June 2017 so they kind of need to give this promo this year. Best of luck. Keep your options open

Jimazz

Forum Lieutenant
Highly unlikely dude. Promo test supposedly gonna be in August-ish so the earliest 6003 will be touched is January 2017. I was in 150s and I was called for this January academy. Guys will probably be taking the promo after this in 2020. Unless something drastic happens but the open competitive from 2012 expires June 2017 so they kind of need to give this promo this year. Best of luck. Keep your options open
I pretty much gave up on this a few years back. Ill be too old by 2020 and i dont really have the interest anymore but I figured Id give it a shot back in september my ex was really pushing for it. Ill stay with the whole process till the promotion is listed. You never know

FDHOPEFUL33

Forum Captain
I pretty much gave up on this a few years back. Ill be too old by 2020 and i dont really have the interest anymore but I figured Id give it a shot back in september my ex was really pushing for it. Ill stay with the whole process till the promotion is listed. You never know
You're right dude. Go through with it and see what happens. Anything can happen. Best of luck to you man

mlbfdny

Forum Crew Member
Damn 2020 is one hell of a number, seems so far away. Yeah most likely it will be in August, really sucks for us 6003 guys but the OC is coming up too, theres still some hope.

SIEMTB

Forum Lieutenant
Just remember that if you're under 24 even 25, we're in perfect shape. I just turned 21 and I'm list number 13* and anyone else in or around that position and under 25 should have nothing to worry about because 4 years will go by quick, especially when we all have a nice fulfilling job opportunity with FDNY EMS. Just think about how fast your last 4 years went by and that should put things in perspective because you still would have to give 2 years before you can promote.

Either way, it's either stress about catching it now and POSSIBLY promoting in atleast 2 years or wait 4 years, possibly sooner, take the promotion and prompt immediately because you gave your 2 years already.

Dot212

Forum Crew Member
Hey I'm on Exam #6003 and I'm just wondering: How many times do we actually go in person to a facility during the hiring process? I'm coming from California and I just want to prepare for the traveling expenses I have ahead of me. I know the physical and drug test are in a couple weeks for me. Is the psych and medical at once or am I going to be flying 3+ times. No matter how many times I have to fly over there it's still worth it to me. Just looking for a heads up.

Xerjak

Forum Crew Member
Hey I'm on Exam #6003 and I'm just wondering: How many times do we actually go in person to a facility during the hiring process? I'm coming from California and I just want to prepare for the traveling expenses I have ahead of me. I know the physical and drug test are in a couple weeks for me. Is the psych and medical at once or am I going to be flying 3+ times. No matter how many times I have to fly over there it's still worth it to me. Just looking for a heads up.
You will go to the FDNY EMS Academy in Queens once for:
Agility test.

You will go to Metrotech (FDNY HQ) in Brooklyn 3 times for:
Psych Test
Medical Examination (Physical and drug test)
Interview (not a real interview, but one where you meet your investigator and provide documents to prove who you are, etc.)

As long as everything goes well on your Medical, Psych exam, and Agility test, those will not require any additional trips. However the Interview MAY include multiple trips if you do not have your documents in order, so make sure you bring all your original docs and certs (can't remember which you needed off top of my head, I can get back to you with details later.)
If I remember correctly there is a hotel right across the street from the Metrotech square, so that'll be easy for you.

Dot212

Forum Crew Member
You will go to the FDNY EMS Academy in Queens once for:
Agility test.

You will go to Metrotech (FDNY HQ) in Brooklyn 3 times for:
Psych Test
Medical Examination (Physical and drug test)
Interview (not a real interview, but one where you meet your investigator and provide documents to prove who you are, etc.)

As long as everything goes well on your Medical, Psych exam, and Agility test, those will not require any additional trips. However the Interview MAY include multiple trips if you do not have your documents in order, so make sure you bring all your original docs and certs (can't remember which you needed off top of my head, I can get back to you with details later.)
If I remember correctly there is a hotel right across the street from the Metrotech square, so that'll be easy for you.

Thanks a lot!!! I really appreciate it! I know a bunch of people in NY, in fact my girlfriend is from there so her family and friends are helping me out with places to stay and transportation.

A shot in the dark here: Are any of there scheduled close enough where I wouldn't have to come back to CA for work?
I'll be sure to find out as much as possible when I go over there in a couple weeks. Thank you, again.

FDNYEMT

Forum Captain
Thanks a lot!!! I really appreciate it! I know a bunch of people in NY, in fact my girlfriend is from there so her family and friends are helping me out with places to stay and transportation.

A shot in the dark here: Are any of there scheduled close enough where I wouldn't have to come back to CA for work?
I'll be sure to find out as much as possible when I go over there in a couple weeks. Thank you, again.

They're pretty scattered over a few months.

ThatGirlLex4

Forum Probie
Hey all! Took 6003 and just got my list number :) I'm 56x! I know people in the 200s already got called for their PAT for 3/26. Anyone around the same number as me keep me posted about when ur PAT date is cause I just moved and my mail keeps getting lost. I had to call for my list number and I don't wanna miss my PAT cause I didn't receive the letter! Good luck everyone!

Xerjak

Forum Crew Member
Anybody know when the next test will take place? And how are the scores comprimised?
For EMS?
It's been yearly every August or September for several years now, so the next one should be then. You get ranked based on your experience. There is no traditional "test", you put you info in and they rank you.

Clegrow27

Forum Ride Along
Hey brothers and sisters alike, I have heard from a very reliable source that this April coming will be the last class of 5003, and that in July test 6003 will have a class. I was informed "bet all your money on being in the academy in July" I am list number 11x on 6003.. It could be wrong, but I wouldn't question what I was told by who I was told by. Good luck brothers and sisters, let's see what's in store for us all