FDNY EMS Candidates

True42

Forum Crew Member
Why were you not in the January/February academy?

They just went over my number.. And about a week or so before that academy started my investigator called me, I thought it was to offer me the gig but it was to rewrite a letter that he said needed to be more detailed.. He told me I was in final review but that was my only setback. I wasn't the only one in the 600s though. I know a few more people who are in the same range, even lower who they told if not February, then April. Ms. B (Head of Investigations) also called me 2 weeks ago to confirm some information and to let me know April should be my month.

Hunter118

Forum Captain
There isn't going to be 2 classes! There is only 1 in April. It is supposed to be at the end of the month. This is what I was told 2 weeks ago when I received a phone call from the woman who is head of investigations. #65*, 4004
Why did u get a phone call from Peggy Quinn ? She. The head of investigations

Hunter118

Forum Captain
Anyone know how many spots they are looking to fill for 4004 ? I hvnt spoke or heard from my investigator in forever

True42

Forum Crew Member
Peggy Quinn is the Deputy director of investigations. Ms. Bautista is the supervisor. The person your file goes to when it's under final review and who particularly has the final say. I've dealt with both in the last 6 years. I received a phone call from Ms. Bautista. And Hunter118, there is no "Spots to be filled"! If you have clean records and persistence, you basically get an opportunity at the Academy. This is my 3rd go round after giving up after the 2nd try! I've seen about 20 people I know get on in the past 6.5 years. And my last go round, Ms. Quinn single handedly helped me until I got DQ'd.. I'm not new to THIS side of things boys! I know who I spoke to! I wish you all the best!

True42

Forum Crew Member
If you don't mind me asking what can cause someone to receive a dq?

It's all good. Getting in trouble and not TELLING them. Anything like going to jail or DUI. Having medical issues and not brushing up on them as soon as they let you know their concerns and carelessly not bringing in those documents and everything they ask for. My situation was the Medical. I got DQ'd for something medically that they now accept but I didn't go to the doctor as I was told to do in the time they gave me. Two weeks before the academy in 2011.. I'm sure there's probaly more but those are the ones I know for sure!

Hunter118

Forum Captain
Peggy Quinn is the Deputy director of investigations. Ms. Bautista is the supervisor. The person your file goes to when it's under final review and who particularly has the final say. I've dealt with both in the last 6 years. I received a phone call from Ms. Bautista. And Hunter118, there is no "Spots to be filled"! If you have clean records and persistence, you basically get an opportunity at the Academy. This is my 3rd go round after giving up after the 2nd try! I've seen about 20 people I know get on in the past 6.5 years. And my last go round, Ms. Quinn single handedly helped me until I got DQ'd.. I'm not new to THIS side of things boys! I know who I spoke to! I wish you all the best!
So basically what will get u DQ'd , your investigator won't let u know if u make it or not or if paperwork is missing that u need ? If my investigator isn't contacting me should I contact her ?

True42

Forum Crew Member
And when I mention getting in trouble, this is after you receive your PA and interview. When you are under their microscope!..

True42

Forum Crew Member
So basically what will get u DQ'd , your investigator won't let u know if u make it or not or if paperwork is missing that u need ? If my investigator isn't contacting me should I contact her ?

I know for sure that if there is paperwork issues, they WILL call you and let you know! It just depends on your investigator! Lol.. This person can call you 2 days before an academy they told you and tell you they need something;,causing you to miss out.. Hopefully you have a good one! And they will communicate with you if something is wrong. My first time back in 2010, I didn't hear anything after a few of my buddies had their academy.. The FDNY called me and told me that my investigator had retired and he didn't put my info through! I had to do it all again. Well the PA and medical. That's where Ms. Quinn stepped in!.

FDHOPEFUL33

Forum Captain
And when I mention getting in trouble, this is after you receive your PA and interview. When you are under their microscope!..
what happens if you got into trouble 3 plus years ago, and havent gotten introuble since. would you still get Dq'd, even though you learned from said mistake. thanks for the help and good luck to you bro. anything in the mail for you 5003 guys?

billwill

Forum Lieutenant
what happens if you got into trouble 3 plus years ago, and havent gotten introuble since. would you still get Dq'd, even though you learned from said mistake. thanks for the help and good luck to you bro. anything in the mail for you 5003 guys?
what you get in trouble for?

Hunter118

Forum Captain
It depends what u got in trouble for in the past , if it's in the system u will need to tell them about it and u will need documentation or a notarized letter about it , the decison process to Wheather you are hired or not is a overall based thing

FDHOPEFUL33

Forum Captain
It depends what u got in trouble for in the past , if it's in the system u will need to tell them about it and u will need documentation or a notarized letter about it , the decison process to Wheather you are hired or not is a overall based thing
Aright cool thanks, yeah I'm not really worried about it. Nothing too serious. Time has come and gone between then, I'll be able to get disposition and explain I was a young foolish kid, terrible mistake. Too excited to get this process started. Good luck to all you guys going for physicals soon and guys and girls waiting for call for April academy.

billwill

Forum Lieutenant
Aright cool thanks, yeah I'm not really worried about it. Nothing too serious. Time has come and gone between then, I'll be able to get disposition and explain I was a young foolish kid, terrible mistake. Too excited to get this process started. Good luck to all you guys going for physicals soon and guys and girls waiting for call for April academy.
What about driving violations and court appearances? Like when I was in high school I got a ticket for taking a left turn when you werent allowed to and I had to go to court for it. Do I need to bring papers for that? like disposition and stuff??

FDHOPEFUL33

Forum Captain
What about driving violations and court appearances? Like when I was in high school I got a ticket for taking a left turn when you werent allowed to and I had to go to court for it. Do I need to bring papers for that? like disposition and stuff??
Probably bro, just to show what the charge was and what it ended up being..violation..how much..any points..all that. From what I've heard fdny ems is quite.lenient with that stuff, as long as it's been a while since last infraction and you're not a repeat offender for nonsense like that. From here on out just drive like a 90 year old woman lol. Last thing we need is new stuff for investigators to look at when we get to that point