Fastest time from Dispach to At Hospital

emtstation600

Forum Probie
6 min 38 Sec from time dispach got the call to scene and at hospital on a 3 mo old Code

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
Amazing.

What kind of call was it?

Our new protocols have us work all adult cardiac codes in the field for a minimum of 30 minutes at which point it is usually called or transported.

OP
OP
E

emtstation600

Forum Probie
this was a pedi Code

I wonder how they made up the protocol of 30 min in the field that seems like some wasted time to get the to the ED

ndilley

Forum Crew Member
fast time... did you render any pt. care in the field or was it just load and go?

MedicPrincess

Forum Deputy Chief
How far were you from the location of the call? And how far from the location of the call to the hospital?

rescuecpt

Community Leader Emeritus
Originally posted by emtstation600@Nov 24 2005, 10:39 PM
this was a pedi Code

I wonder how they made up the protocol of 30 min in the field that seems like some wasted time to get the to the ED
If you have ALS, they can do exactly what the ED could do - why delay - just do it in the field then transport once your first line of meds and shocks have been administered.

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
Try doing that with an EMS agency that is two hours from a hospital, in a Blitzing snow storm...

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
Originally posted by rescuecpt+Nov 25 2005, 01:54 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (rescuecpt @ Nov 25 2005, 01:54 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-emtstation600@Nov 24 2005, 10:39 PM
this was a pedi Code

If you have ALS, they can do exactly what the ED could do - why delay - just do it in the field then transport once your first line of meds and shocks have been administered. [/b][/quote]
But what if it isn't cardiac, just seems like it? Granted ALS can do everything the ER can, but it doesn't have all the tests/scans, etc... I would think a maximum of 30 minutes, even that long seems to be cutting into the critical hour. It just doesn't seem to be a very wise protocol, of course I'm not ALS and my experience is limited, but just my 2 cents.

AnthonyM83

Forum Asst. Chief
Yeah, IN CASE, there's more to it than it seems, aren't you using up more of the Golden Hour by spending the full 30 min?

What else do you do with patient on-scene, after you've maxed out on shocks to fill up the 30 min?

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by rescuecpt+Nov 25 2005, 12:54 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (rescuecpt @ Nov 25 2005, 12:54 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-emtstation600@Nov 24 2005, 10:39 PM
this was a pedi Code

If you have ALS, they can do exactly what the ED could do - why delay - just do it in the field then transport once your first line of meds and shocks have been administered. [/b][/quote]
I'm with you.

ALS doesn't have *as many* toys as docs in an ER. They can't place an internal pacemaker, and they can't crack a chest (trauma). ALS also dosen't carry all of the drugs an ED has or can get, espicially antagonists for benzos, etc.

Jon

hfdff422

Forum Lieutenant
06:38 to scene would be good for us, we have had better than that, but when you have to drive to the station first, it is hard.

squid

Forum Lieutenant
I suppose the walk-ins when I was working in a fire department that shared a building with the health clinic don't count.... but they were still fun to fill out.

Time dispatched: 0800
Time out: 0759
Time on scene: 0759
Arrival at clinic: 0759

emtI

Forum Crew Member
Ok, from time of dispatch for severe resp. distress (who was unresponsive on our arrival) to arrival at hospital 32 minutes. And we are not staffed at the station. We respond from home to station.

This call was 32 miles round trip from station to scene to hospital. Less than 3 min on scene.

Top that. LOL :D

(Altho all but 2 of the miles were highway miles, just so you don't think we were blaring around town at 70 miles an hour! LOL)

Pt did walk out of hospital a week later.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by squid@Nov 30 2005, 04:03 PM
I suppose the walk-ins when I was working in a fire department that shared a building with the health clinic don't count.... but they were still fun to fill out.

Time dispatched: 0800
Time out: 0759
Time on scene: 0759
Arrival at clinic: 0759
Yeah... I've had a few walk ins at the station.

We had one last week, stopped in after calling 911 re: an EDP, stopped at squad to give "more info" - I wasn't there... but sounded like they REALLY knew the EDP was nuts.

Jon

SafetyPro2

Forum Safety Officer
I think our fastest on a load and go has been around 10-12 minutes. Takes about 5 minutes to get to the ER from most anywhere in town going code.

CaptainPanic

Former EMT...
A friend from EMS was telling me they had one of their fastest ETAs when a pedestrian was HBC (hit by car), it occured one block from EMS station, and the ER was 3 blocks over. It was a load n go, she told me from time of dispatch to time of arrival at ER was around 8 mins. Sadly, the pedestrian died in the ER. He coded after EMS left.

-CP

CaptainPanic

Former EMT...
They got baselines and initial asessment then load n' go. It was obvious from the start that it was a load and go, so they didnt waste anytime.

hfdff422

Forum Lieutenant
Too bad there is not a video of that- if it was anywhere near by the book it would make a great PHTLS trainer.