Falsely advertising being a paramedic ?

medic417

The Truth Provider
They are more than just a testing organization.

Please read this:

http://nremt.org/nremt/about/Legal_Opinion.asp

In particular, notice the portion where they say this:

Earlier on the same page they said this:

I'm pretty sure rid will back me up on this one?

HMM. Well............ I still want to hear RIDs take on this as he is our NR guru. But looks like with what you posted they are considered a certifying agent even though you still cannot work unless approved by a state.

Last edited by a moderator:

RESQ_5_1

Forum Lieutenant
Some provinces use the terms:
PCP, ACP, CCP. Primary Care Paramedic, Advanced Care Paramdic, and Critical Care Paramedic. Here in Alberta, we use EMR, EMT, and EMT-P (generally just refferred to as Paramedic). I am an Emergency Medical Technician. I am trying to get into school to earn my registration as an Emergency Medical Technologist.

IMHO, I think everyone should go to the PCP/ACP/CCP format. As mentioned earlier, the definition of the word Paramedic doesn't specify one particular aspect of what we do. There are some that will hold on to the notion that the title "Paramedic" is earned. But, we keep striving to progress don't we.

Here in Alberta,at least where I am, we call the nurses "Nurse". that's what they are. We call the student Drs that come thru occasionally "Doctor". They probably aren't one, but I don't want to call them "Student".

On the other hand, since those levels below Paramedic are not as educated, maybe we should consider removing the word "Medical" from their title.

Personally, when asked, I reply that I am an EMT. If they don't know what that is, I tell them I work on the Ambulance. But, since I don't drive all the time and my training was focused more on treatment than transport, I take offense at the term "Ambulance Driver". Noone calls FFs "Fire Truck Drivers". Or PO's "Police Car Drivers".

reaper

Working Bum
HMM. Well............ I still want to hear RIDs take on this as he is our NR guru. But looks like with what you posted they are considered a certifying agent even though you still cannot work unless approved by a state.

You are right. NREMT certifies that you passed a test. They do not certify you to work. All your card means is that you successfully met the requirements as far as testing. This keeps the states from having to have their own testing process, even though some still have their own.

rescue99

Forum Deputy Chief
Some provinces use the terms:
PCP, ACP, CCP. Primary Care Paramedic, Advanced Care Paramdic, and Critical Care Paramedic. Here in Alberta, we use EMR, EMT, and EMT-P (generally just refferred to as Paramedic). I am an Emergency Medical Technician. I am trying to get into school to earn my registration as an Emergency Medical Technologist.

We call em MFR, EMT, Spec and EMT-P too. It all depends on the person who is speaking.