Fake Overtime

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Here is the article...

I know nothing of how their system works, however I imagine they have a huge budget. With that in mind, how is it possible they still use paper and require a signature for hours worked??

No electronic system? Swipe in/swipe out? No computer system to log in and log out?

Just curious if anyone has insight on that part of the equation.

E tank

Caution: Paralyzing Agent
Here is the article...

I know nothing of how their system works, however I imagine they have a huge budget. With that in mind, how is it possible they still use paper and require a signature for hours worked??

No electronic system? Swipe in/swipe out? No computer system to log in and log out?

Just curious if anyone has insight on that part of the equation.

Wonder why this makes news....as if he's the only one...odds are this guy will be the body hanging from the stake as a warning to the hundreds of employees that are doing the same thing...

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
how did his supervisor not realize that he was submitting in OT for shifts that didn't exist? or that he didn't actually work?

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
Fishy. Very fishy.

hometownmedic5

Forum Asst. Chief
Mercy me. 20 years on, although it doesn't strictly speaking say 20 years with FDNY, but even still. Does the city pension and benefits really outweigh the fact that my private will pay a day one, never worked a road shift paramedic 6 thousand dollars more base + built in OT for two 24's in an area you can afford to live in? And how many years do you need on before you get a pension worth talking about?